Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:59 am

Center this & make your desktop white.

Or how about this one?

Even cheekier.

Mezo.

Borg 1.0

Re: Raspberry Pi Wallpaper

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:30 am

Nice, Mezo! I do like the final image, that's gotta be printed out on foil!

Did you get the larger image from somewhere in particular? It's the largest and neatest one I've seen so far (not having dug around a heck of a lot yet).

I'd also be interested to see if these could be converted to a scalable image (vector) so that you'll get the best possible rendering in any size. That would allow a high-res original to be used on just about anything.

Nothing like Aussie cheek, is there?

mengel

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:41 am

DMCA take down order in 3-2....

Bluemerlin

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:13 am

Cephas Borg said:

I'd also be interested to see if these could be converted to a scalable image (vector) so that you'll get the best possible rendering in any size. That would allow a high-res original to be used on just about anything.

Seconded, not too worried about the intel rip-off's but would love a vector raspberry please

Mezo

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:14 am

Nice, Mezo! I do like the final image, that's gotta be printed out on foil!

Did you get the larger image from somewhere in particular? It's the largest and neatest one I've seen so far (not having dug around a heck of a lot yet).

Just do a Google image search "Raspberry Pi Logo" i got the image from this site but its on many sites now.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-.....PGB001.png

I just made it sit on glass (reflection) and added the words.

Mezo.

Mezo

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:20 am

I used the PNG file in Inkscape, its not a vector format but it is scalable without loss & then you can always save it as a SVG or VML i guess?

Mezo.

Marcus

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:48 am

Incase someone was interested in a .svg file of it, I tried something with Inkscape:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39097477/Raspi.svg

Is that what you were looking for?

Mezo

Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Well yes he`s after an SVG of the Raspberry but i couldn't view image or save that image (tried right clicking) but its easy enough to convert a file over from PNG to SVG in either Gimp or Inkscape (open source) or in Photoshop & then save it as a vector file format.

Mezo.

Marcus

Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:24 am

Mezo said:

Well yes he`s after an SVG of the Raspberry but i couldn't view image or save that image (tried right clicking) but its easy enough to convert a file over from PNG to SVG in either Gimp or Inkscape (open source) or in Photoshop & then save it as a vector file format.

Mezo.

Except that will give a quality loss when resizing.

AFAIK you either have to do the vector from the bottom, or bittrace the old image (which does not work well with certain images).

Mezo

Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:39 am

Marcus said:

Mezo said:

Mezo.

Except that will give a quality loss when resizing.

AFAIK you either have to do the vector from the bottom, or bittrace the old image (which does not work well with certain images).

How big was wanting to go then? for screen use its fine but a big poster & you would see some pixels on the edge. Try contacting Paul who originally designed it (competition winner) he may fick you a vector over?

Mezo.

nathanpc

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Congratulations for the awesome work! I'm going to put the first one as the background of my iPhone right now. When I get my Raspberry Pi that will also be my default wallpaper.

zag

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Anyone know what screen resolution will be best on the Raspberry Pi?

I want to make some backgrounds
Unofficial Raspberry Pi Forums - www.raspberrypiforums.com

Mezo

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:11 pm

zag said:

Anyone know what screen resolution will be best on the Raspberry Pi?

I want to make some backgrounds

Really depends on what type of background your after, an image centered on the screen like i did above, or a whole picture that is full screened size, or you can make an overlapping gif image that "tiles" itself.

Mezo.

Montekuri

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:52 pm

There are more samples of wallpapers in this topic:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/for.....38;ret=all

bobbintb

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:40 pm

nice! the last one is my favorite. i would love to get some nice, high quality foil stickers for my various planned project. i also add my +1 for a vector image.

o19

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:55 pm

I'd love one with the board itself (maybe dropping a shadow) on a plain white background.

Mezo

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Its not that hard to do you know, download Inkscape & go on youtube for tutorials on how its done (that`s what i did) im no graphics guy i just like messing around with the programs.

Another one is Gimp, but Inkscape i think is better for doing Vectors & that it why i learned the program in the first place (vector images for arcades).

But yeah the foil stickers on the last one would be fantastic seller on ebay, every Pi project should have one on the side of its case.

Mezo.

Mezo

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:23 am

o19 said:

I'd love one with the board itself (maybe dropping a shadow) on a plain white background.

That`s just a quickie in Paint Shop Pro, not many images around of the board to be honest with you.

Mezo.

gorpo

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:10 am

Wikipedia has a SVG version of the RPi logo, in case anybody's still looking: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi.....i_Logo.svg

nicksoph

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Put this in another thread - cant see a way to upload full sized image if anyone can advise?

tawalker

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 pm

I knocked up a RasPi wallpaper (using the SVG logo) in Inkscape a few weeks ago, for a RasPi-look Fluxbox theme I use on my Eee 701 netbook (see the screenshot at the blog post). I exported the image as 800x480 for the 701's display, but the Fluxbox theme centres the image and applies a matching black background, so at a higher resolution the RasPi logo would simply appear smaller.

Hopefully I'll be able to run Fluxbox under Arch on the RasPi, and see this theme as I intended it In the meantime, let me know if you'd like the wallpaper, and I'll try and attach it here (how do you do that in this forum, BTW?).
---
Raspberry Pi Model 3B+ (2019) ("ayeka") - CentOS
Raspberry Pi Zero W (2018) ("mass") - Raspbian
Raspberry Pi Model B (1st-gen - 2012) ("ryo-ohki") - Arch Linux ARM
---

Mezo

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Like most forums images are hosted off site, not uploaded to Raspberry server.

It saves on hard disk space & bandwidth/usage.

Mezo.

o19

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Mezo said:

o19 said:

That`s just a quickie in Paint Shop Pro, not many images around of the board to be honest with you.

Mezo.

Exactly what I've been lookin' for. One with the current revision of the board would be even nicer, but as you said it's quite hard to find a usable image.

Mezo

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:39 pm

There are lots of pics with it flat laying down, lots with stuff plugged in but hardly any with a nice angle on its own, not yet,,,,,,,,,

I had to crop that from a guys hand.

Mezo.

o19

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:08 pm

The angle is really good. Can you make another version, where the shadow isn't cut at the bottom? I use it centered on a white background and once you've seen the edge, it is really disturbing

Return to “Other projects”