JDS44

LIRC to control SONOS

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 am

So I found what looked like a great set of instructions to build a generic IR controller for a SONOS amp that controls some speakers for a TV so I wouldn't have to buy a new remote or two use devices. Best laid plans and all.

This is the blog posting I was using
https://wsmlab.blogspot.com/2017/04/ir- ... t-amp.html

So this is my first foray into RaspberryPi and I have little LINUX experience so what could go wrong...

So this file doesn't exist /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
These commands don't work sudo /etc/init.d/lirc stop
"command not found"

So after a lot of searching and fumbling around here is what I have been able to determine so far.
1) LIRC changed how the configuration works (I have tired to determine how the instructions should map over but unsure if I have them correct or not)
2) lircd is found and I can do start stop not sure if this is correct or not
3) I was able to record the remote setup but IRW does not do anything
4) mode2 -d /dev/lirc0 does return results

So it seems I have it wired right but unsure where I have gone wrong with the configuration or if I just am expecting some from irw that is not accurate.

If there is anyone out there that can point in a good direction or provide some insight it would be much appreciated.

Mtarhm

Re: LIRC to control SONOS

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:24 pm

I had the same issue with this and found that the version of noobs shipped with my pi zero w was v2.4.5, I eventually discovered that if I downgraded noobs to v2.4.0 the tutorial works perfectly. Looks like the functionality of lirc has changed somewhat in the later versions.

Return to “Other projects”