dwilkinson80

Axis RTSP - OMXPlayer

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi

I am currently using my Pi3 as a CCTV Camera Decoder. It takes the network camera image and displays it on a monitor using the HDMI output.

I am currently using the below command however after 20-30 minutes the images starts to become jittery, it doesn't update with movement and then around 10-15 minutes later the images just completely freezes and the only way to get it back working again is to reboot the RPi.

I have taken the below command from another forum but it has not stopped the error occurring. And I must add that for those first 20-30 minutes the image is perfect there is little to no latency and the quality is superb.

Any suggestions?

Code: Select all

omxplayer  --live --threshold .01 --video_fifo .01 --fps 29.97 rtsp://root:pass@192.168.1.50/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=1280x720
Thanks in advance.

Daniel

jehutting

Re: Axis RTSP - OMXPlayer

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:49 am

Have a look at omxplayer github issue # 441

The OP of that issue has also an Axis camera and without the '--live' option omxplayer plays his stream well.

dwilkinson80

Re: Axis RTSP - OMXPlayer

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Thanks. I have played with the —live option before but it did not work. I haven’t however tried it with the full command I have posted. I will take it out and try.

Also I will add in the below and again with and without —live to see if that makes a difference.

--avdict rtsp_transport:tcp

Thanks
Daniel

Return to “Other projects”