murderousman

Re: uk gaming industry

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:50 pm

hello to all, ive only just found out about the raspberry pi and from what i see there is no end of unlimited potential, im well impressed with what i see, congrats.

i work in the uk gaming industry and wanted to know what would be the possiblity of using the raspberry pi in this industry?? or is this just for education / private use?? i think it would be very usefull in my line of work for many reasons. could it be used and modified as the user sees fit??  thanks in advance for any advise.

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:22 pm

I can speak for the Foundation here: there are absolutely no restrictions on what we will allow you to do with the device. We anticipate that people will be building the Raspberry Pi into all kinds of commercial devices and using it for all kinds of purposes - this is actually quite necessary to help us fund the educational uses of the board we want to see.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

stuporhero

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:47 pm

The ultimate question:

Who's gonna be first to put one of these babies into a BBC/C64/Amiga/Spectrum-style box and sell them to us? (Seriously, a large number of people on here have nostalgia to the days of old, as much to the progress of technology and the RasPi itself!)

spamel

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:59 pm

That has been mentioned before, but unless somebody is sitting on a mountain of ZX Spectrums it isn"t likely to happen. If you can find one though, crack on and post some pictures as I am sure people would want to see it.

stuporhero

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm aware

I was thinking more of a new all-in-one design. If only I knew how to...

meltwater

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:23 pm

There are lots of posts about this, including a nice wooden laptop design... have a search and if interested ask them about it.

My new book: goo.gl/dmVtsc

Meltwater's Pi Hardware - pihardware.com

Like the MagPi? @TheMagP1 @TheMagPiTeam

Return to “Other projects”