chriscon24

Raspberry pi to Oculus Rift

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:59 pm

Hello everyone!

I am currently working on a project in which I am trying to make the Oculus Rift a pass through camera. I already have the pi noir cameras connected to a raspberry pi B+ and they're functioning, but now I'd like to connect it to the Oculus Rift CV1. At this point, I would just like the Raspbian desktop to show up in the Oculus headset; I'd just like the headset to serve as a monitor for the pi. I've already researched a few articles where this was done but they were on the older dk1 and dk2 models, and I'm not sure how different the setup would be. Any suggestions, advice, or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Hoagie

Re: Raspberry pi to Oculus Rift

Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:23 pm

The older Rifts had HDMI connectors. If this one has, I can't see any reason that the Pi wouldn't show something on it.

assadollahi

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:32 am

don't know whether you're still interested, but this gentleman has made the pi work on the DK2 and afaik, die CV1 is not too different from the DK2.
https://github.com/WayneKeenan/python-vrzero
I'm installing the DK2 on the pi3 right now...

posixninja

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Did you manage to have any luck getting this to run. I managed to get it working once, but I've been unable to reproduce it. He doesn't mention which version of firmware he had installed, just which version it was tested on. With DK2 I just get a solid orange light now

Return to “Other projects”