Fede

Re: 10" LCD LVDS bundle with capacitive touchscreen and ambi

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Thank you very much for the photo JF!
Have you tried this: http://www.chalk-elec.com/?p=1702 ?

TROOPER

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Looks like a sweet display...

For those that have it, and looks like you've been running them several months now, would you still recommend these displays.??

I'm not so worried about a touchscreen to be honest (although it's a nice to have),
but I would like a high resolution 10" display.

So is this still a good buy, or should I go with something else.

(I'm US based, if a local dealer is better than dealing with buying something from Asia)

Cheers

andrewjawitz

Sat May 25, 2013 3:21 pm

I just got the 10" screen w/ HDMI-LVDS board rev3 and it worked perfectly... until it didn't anymore... The first few times I plugged in an RPi it worked right out of the box with no configuration needed. Then suddenly the screen stopped displaying the output image... The backlight is still on and it registers my touch inputs but the screen is completely black (or deep purple rather...)
This is probably a simple issue to fix, but the real problem is the lack of support resources. http://www.chalk-elec.com/ does have hardware specs, and a couple tutorials but many apply to deprecated hardware and there is nothing to distinguish which are the latest instructions.
Such confusion would easily be avoided through the creation of a dedicated user forum, wiki or even a thread on a neutral site like this one... Instead, questions are left to be answered by email and I rarely expect a timely answer using this format even when dealing with established companies...

With the exception of these issues however, the hardware seems pretty well-thought out and if the screen issues turn out to be solvable it should serve my needs nicely...

cybin

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 am

Hi!

I've ordered 2 touch kits in April and still got no delivery. Three times I was told that delivery was scheduled for within a few days, but obviously, it's just not true. Otherwise I would have received my order already.

Their 'normal operation' seems to be far away from what I expect of a commercial service. My order has been paid long ago, and I'm lost between anger and disappointment. Ironically, a few times their shop states that the touch kit has been available since my order, as it is now. So, why do I don't get my touch kits?!?

Is it just me, or does it happened to anyone else?

Regards

sirkope

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:58 am

I've bought a 10" LCD LVDS bundle with capacitive touchscreen and ambient light sensor (RaspberryPi) from them. My order was set, when they collect pre-ordering for their newest product, (the 7" black/open frame universal HDMI LCD with capacitive multi-touch) I've also waited for mine for a month or so. I'm lucky, finally I've get my one, and it works flawlessly, but it was a hard job. I suggest sending them mail daily, ping them on twitter, and don't give up.

It seems to me that "they" work like a one-man-company, and the owner/boss have to travel to china fixing things around production frequently, and the other "employees" don't do anything without the boss (if they are exist at all)

They have product, they sell them, they not too user friendly (long answering/posting time), I don't know are they handle their customers a way like this every time or simply they are faced a huge problem with they newest product in this spring/summer?

Kick their ass daily, be patient, sooner or later you get your product.

cybin

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Finally, I've got a tracking number. Yay... so I'm excited to get in touch with my touch panels very soon. :)

icebob

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Someone has any new information about Chalkboard?
I'm planning to buy a 10" touch screen, but the last comments is not too nice.

Thanks!

rvincke

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:47 pm

I just received a 10" universal LCD with HDMI interface and capacitive multi-touch from Chalkboard Electronics http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1280 ... ry=3094861

I received my tracking number about 10 days ofter ordering so that is quite OK. However it doesn't seem to work out of the box.
When connecting the display to a raspberry pi the backlight turns on but the display remains "empty" (black). Tested it as secondary display in my Windows PC with the same result :( Send a mail yesterday to support. Hopefully i wil get an answer quickly.

icebob

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:42 am

Thank you rvincke!
Please share, if you have any new information from support. Currently I don't find similar LCD at similar price.

rvincke

Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:34 pm

I received an answer from Dr. Ace Jeangle from Chalkboard electronics. They suggested to do a firmware upgrade. However after a succesful upgrade still no image on my screen. I am curious what the next steps will be ...

Return to “Other projects”