Flyingdreamz

Re: TVPC- Raspberry Pi powered Samsung TV

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:29 pm

So I have a Samsung HDTV, Its a few years old and I use it as a computer monitor and as a TV, and I have a few questions for my idea, MY TV has no open HDMI ports because of my PC and and a HDMI switcher that has a cable box and Xbox 360 connected to it. I want to know if you can use this with the HDMI port on the pi. (some times this doesnt work, my ATI HD5770 will not no matter what do use HDMI to Component.)

http://www.amazon.com/Componen.....038;sr=1-1

Also the pi use a normal usb bluetooth dongle for a keyboard and mouse?
and
Can the Pi be powered from a standard usb port?
I plan on putting this inside the tv for light web browsing and a few other things like a watch hulu and netflix with out turning on my main PC (it gets hot and uses a lot of power, 1 kW PSU, overclocked HD5770 and AMD PII 580 at 3.8) and I am in a dorm room with out manual control of the AC. so between the TV and the Computer will heat the room up a to a nice and toasty 86F on a warm day.

shaurz

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm

My guess would be that it's unlikely to work. That cable seems to require analogue output on a HDMI connector, which is normally a pure digital output. You'd be better off getting a HDMI switch which supports more inputs.

Flyingdreamz

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Quote from shaurz on November 28, 2011, 17:40
My guess would be that it's unlikely to work. That cable seems to require analogue output on a HDMI connector, which is normally a pure digital output. You'd be better off getting a HDMI switch which supports more inputs.

Ok, after a little research that is understandable, a switcher is almost the same price.

Return to “Other projects”