ankitgoenka

Printer Tester

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:30 am

Hi Guys!
I am looking to make a printer tester using Raspberry Pi 2 - I am mentioning below project details, if someone can plz help me / guide me - It would be great

I wish to attach 2 printers ( one at a time) to my Pi and then have a switch connected to the GPIO's - which prints a test page from the printer. What I understand is CUPS' supports almost all printers.

Printers I have to use for this project is:
1. Canon LBP2900B
2. HP LaserJet Pro 1106

Kindly help me with this and oblige.
Thanks a lot for reading my post and a bigger thanks to you who intend to or do help me! :)

fruitoftheloom

Re: Printer Tester

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:00 am

ankitgoenka wrote:Hi Guys!
I am looking to make a printer tester using Raspberry Pi 2 - I am mentioning below project details, if someone can plz help me / guide me - It would be great

I wish to attach 2 printers ( one at a time) to my Pi and then have a switch connected to the GPIO's - which prints a test page from the printer. What I understand is CUPS' supports almost all printers.

Printers I have to use for this project is:
1. Canon LBP2900B
2. HP LaserJet Pro 1106

Kindly help me with this and oblige.
Thanks a lot for reading my post and a bigger thanks to you who intend to or do help me! :)
Linux Printers may need additional drivers if CUPS does not offer, HP use HPLIP, whilst Canon use Gutenprint..
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

Return to “Other projects”