SamDoesPi

Printing GPIO buttons/D-Pad + Case design

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:40 pm

How would I make circle buttons + D-Pad and make them connect to GPIOs to go to Python so they work as keyboard presses. and access and what design program do you recommend? I need to design a case which has enough room for a Hard Drive and a Pi 3 while still having GPIO access?
I'm king of aiming for This. Or should I take apart this for D-Pad + Buttons and just put a vinyl all over it?
Buttons would be purposed for DVDs and D-pad for mouse/arrow keys and the refresh button would be changed to a 'X' button which does 'Alt-F4'.
The concept just looks so cool, and I could use it as a living room pc, for media and just being a PC with it and plug in a PS2 controller (Just for control of Raspbian)
Last edited by SamDoesPi on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

blaablaaguy

Re: Printing GPIO buttons + Case design

Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Adafruits Retrogame lets you use the gpio as a keyboard. Its not python though.
This signature intentionally left blank.

SamDoesPi

Re: Printing GPIO buttons + Case design

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:53 pm

blaablaaguy wrote:Adafruits Retrogame lets you use the gpio as a keyboard. Its not python though.
Any other alternatives? I'd like D-Pads and buttons which I can put vinyls on and have some linked to power on and off and some to Press Enter and just 2 buttons just there to make it look good.
I'm king of aiming for This. Or should I take apart this for D-Pad + Buttons and just put a vinyl all over it?
The concept just looks so cool, and I could use Raspbian with it and get a JoyToKey alternative so a PS2 controller could act as a mouse pad, and I could make a Python keyboard.

Return to “Other projects”