atomicshanker

need help understanding

Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:58 pm

So I have a great project in mind and I'm thinking about using the Raspberry Pi for circuitry fun. However, I'm not a computer whiz by any means (I do not understand programming, computer talk, etc.). I like working with integrated circuits and soldering circuits to make things work; so my question is, does the Raspberry Pi have simple positive/negative input/output function/components/connectors that are apart of the circuit board? If so, how many? How can I program these outputs?
Thank you,
Adam

blaablaaguy

Re: need help understanding

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:48 pm

The pi has either a 26 or 40 pin header depending on which one you get. It has grounds, 3.3v and 5v pins. It also contains gpio pins, these can be programmed to be high, or low, high outputs 3.3v, and low outputs nothing. Gpio pins can also be used as inputs and detect input from various sensors such as buttons, distance sensors, motion sensors etc. However you can only use the gpio with digital sensors not analog sensors and they cant output anywhere inbetween 3.3v or nothing. You can use ADC converters to use analog input and DAC converters to output different voltage. You can also use PWM to control motor speed and to fade leds and whatnot. Hope I helped.

EDIT: Oh and you can control the pins useing python, scratch or other languages.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Rnd(100)

Re: need help understanding

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:40 pm

Download the first issue of the Magpi magazine and take it from there.

Return to “Other projects”