nathanprocks

pi-proxy

Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:36 am

Hello,
I have created a program that allows you to easily configure network proxy settings on your Raspberry Pi using a simple GUI. It is great for schools that filter websites using a proxy, and require the proxy to be configured to be able to access the internet. I spent a lot of time trying to get the internet to work on my Pi at school. After I figured it out, I had the idea to write a program that does it automatically at startup.
You can download it from https://pi-proxy.net/. The program costs nothing, but if you find it useful (and I hope you do), please donate a small amount. :)

nathanprocks

Re: pi-proxy

Thu May 19, 2016 5:25 am

Hi again,
Sorry for the long wait!
I finally got around to running a fresh installation of Raspbian to fix any issues that occur when trying to install pi-proxy (such as missing files). I've tested it on the latest version and it works. It is now live on the website. :D

jonjwilliams

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:42 am

This is awesome thank you, I have installed on one pi at school and it works a treat, however, when I open the web browser I can navigate to any web site, when in terminal and I try to run sudo apt-get update I get a load of error messages, any ideas? have I missed something? thanks

jonjwilliams

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:05 am

Awesome thanks, I have one question, I think I am doing something wrong but not sure, I have installed and entered the proxy details, when I open the web browser it lets me navigate to any web page that is allowed on the school filtering system, however in terminal it will not do sudo apt-get update. any suggestions?

nathanprocks

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:20 am

jonjwilliams wrote:Awesome thanks, I have one question, I think I am doing something wrong but not sure, I have installed and entered the proxy details, when I open the web browser it lets me navigate to any web page that is allowed on the school filtering system, however in terminal it will not do sudo apt-get update. any suggestions?
When you use sudo, you have to use the -E option to keep the same environmental variables, e.g.

Code: Select all

sudo -E apt-get update
sudo -E apt-get upgrade

Alexandre Kraemer

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:32 pm

When I have tried out to open my pi-proxy app installed after the latest "sudo apt-get upgrade" on terminal I received this message:

[email protected]:/home/pi# pi-proxy
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.2/tkinter/__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
ImportError: libtk8.5.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/dist-packages/cx_Freeze-4.3.4-py3.2-linux-armv7l.egg/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py", line 27, in <module>
File "pi-proxy", line 3, in <module>

I solved it by typing the code below on terminal:

[email protected]:~ $ sudo su
[email protected]:/home/pi# apt-get install libtk8.5

ChristophK

Re: pi-proxy down?

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 am

at "https://pi-proxy.net/" I just get a line "Domain document root not found. "

But I installed the old pi-proxy .deb file and get the same error messages.
libtk8.5 did not help. (8.6 is the most recent version).
In Raspbian stretch there is no python3.2 folder. Just python3 and python3.5

Return to “Other projects”