vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:28 pm

dmelladom wrote:I totally understand that you don't follow, it was not the clearest post ever.
I was trying to refer to the dsi -if i am not wrong- port available on the RaspPI to attach a display using a flat ribbom cable.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for asking!
Best,
Diego
Ah ok. Honestly, I don't know if that would work. I don't have any hardware to test with either. Basically if it works with both frame buffer and X11, it should work.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

dmelladom
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:38 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:21 pm

:)
Let me try and contribute to this forum for once!

fmartinez
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:56 pm

Hello .
I know this is not the right topic for this post , but here Screenly speak , and not found a support line that can help me.
I'm trying to use for my Raspberry Screenly .
Download the OS Screenly , and record it on my SD card.
The place and got the pin to enter the panel.
Once entered my pin is a window saying 'Updating ... ' but that message never ending cycle .
However in my administration panel , detects Raspberry , although its location is not accurate.
What can be the problem ?.
Thank you .
Regards, Federico .

mortti
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:59 am

Hi,
Issue #89 "24h clock" has been added in GitHub 2nd March 2013, is this feature still coming??

At least i'd like to hack it on my local Screenly OSE:
- bootstrap datepicker and timepicker allows to change 12h/24h format and date to DD/MM/YY or DD/Month/YY but where are these configured in screenly ?

Thanks for your help!

TimmyBlue
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:25 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:26 am

Hey,
I am working on implementing the Screenly OSE in my office.
But I have a problem to chance the overscan...

It doesn´t work to press ctrl + alt + f1 - I can not sign in to the pi...
I use an Apple Keyboard with numblock, is this the problem?

Best regards!

vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:05 pm

mortti wrote:Hi,
Issue #89 "24h clock" has been added in GitHub 2nd March 2013, is this feature still coming??

At least i'd like to hack it on my local Screenly OSE:
- bootstrap datepicker and timepicker allows to change 12h/24h format and date to DD/MM/YY or DD/Month/YY but where are these configured in screenly ?

Thanks for your help!
Hi Mortti,

Yes, Screenly now supports 12/24h format.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:05 pm

TimmyBlue wrote:Hey,
I am working on implementing the Screenly OSE in my office.
But I have a problem to chance the overscan...

It doesn´t work to press ctrl + alt + f1 - I can not sign in to the pi...
I use an Apple Keyboard with numblock, is this the problem?

Best regards!
Please try a different keyboard. There are a number of posts here about people having issues with Apple keyboard on the Raspberry Pi.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

ezalpar
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi everybody,

I like this project, it is easy, it just working.
My question is:
is there a way to schedule some recurrent assets, for example a picture that I can display every fixed our for an amount of time.?

I appreciate any idea :)

thanks

dva78
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:44 pm

I think I have the same question as above. Is it possible to schedule an asset for only a part of a day and another asset for the other part of the day and repeat this every day?
I can only do this now by adding those 2 assets again and again for every next day. Hope you understand and hope there is a solution.
Dennis

dva78
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi,
Great software!
Is there a way to schedule assets on an hourly basis per day?
E.g. having a day program and night program for specific days of the week?
Hope someone can help me out :-)
Dennis

vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:14 pm

dva78 wrote:Hi,
Great software!
Is there a way to schedule assets on an hourly basis per day?
E.g. having a day program and night program for specific days of the week?
Hope someone can help me out :-)
Dennis
This is something that we do support in Screenly Pro, but not in Screenly OSE. We may or may not back-port this to OSE in the future.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

dva78
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:57 am

OK, thanks.
Hope you will port it to OSE.

RaidoR
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:43 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Hello,

I have a raspberry pi that someone else has set up as kiosk and to play sound when workers have to take a break. I have no idea about how or what he configured. Now there is a problem. Raspberry won't play sound and when I plug in the rasperry it shows black sreen. Same when I type in startx in console.

Here is log from .xsession-errors.

Code: Select all

Xsession: X session started for pi at Tue Nov 18 15:31:24 EET 2014
localuser:pi being added to access control list
Obt-Message: Xinerama extension is not present on the server
Openbox-Message: Unable to find a valid menu file "/usr/share/lxde/openbox/menu$
uzbl-core: no process found
omxplayer: no process found
omxplayer.bin: no process found
/home/pi/screenly/misc/xloader.sh: line 25:  2297 Illegal instruction     pytho$
uzbl-core: no process found
omxplayer: no process found
omxplayer.bin: no process found
/home/pi/screenly/misc/xloader.sh: line 25:  2302 Illegal instruction     pytho$
uzbl-core: no process found
omxplayer: no process found
omxplayer.bin: no process found
/home/pi/screenly/misc/xloader.sh: line 25:  2307 Illegal instruction     pytho$
uzbl-core: no process found
omxplayer: no process found
omxplayer.bin: no process found

vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I fully understand the user case, but if it is intended to run as a Screenly device, I strongly suggest that you wipe it and reinstall from scratch. The logs indicate that a number of packages are missing (primarily `uzbl` and `omxplayer`, which are two key components).
RaidoR wrote:Hello,

I have a raspberry pi that someone else has set up as kiosk and to play sound when workers have to take a break. I have no idea about how or what he configured. Now there is a problem. Raspberry won't play sound and when I plug in the rasperry it shows black sreen. Same when I type in startx in console.

Here is log from .xsession-errors.

Code: Select all

Xsession: X session started for pi at Tue Nov 18 15:31:24 EET 2014
localuser:pi being added to access control list
Obt-Message: Xinerama extension is not present on the server
Openbox-Message: Unable to find a valid menu file "/usr/share/lxde/openbox/menu$
uzbl-core: no process found
omxplayer: no process found
omxplayer.bin: no process found
/home/pi/screenly/misc/xloader.sh: line 25:  2297 Illegal instruction     pytho$
uzbl-core: no process found
omxplayer: no process found
omxplayer.bin: no process found
/home/pi/screenly/misc/xloader.sh: line 25:  2302 Illegal instruction     pytho$
uzbl-core: no process found
omxplayer: no process found
omxplayer.bin: no process found
/home/pi/screenly/misc/xloader.sh: line 25:  2307 Illegal instruction     pytho$
uzbl-core: no process found
omxplayer: no process found
omxplayer.bin: no process found
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

RaidoR
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:43 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:23 pm

I need to find the webpage or content it suppose to display at first. Any conf file where this information is stored?

vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:26 pm

RaidoR wrote:I need to find the webpage or content it suppose to display at first. Any conf file where this information is stored?
It's stored in ~/.screenly/.screenly.db. However, it's probably easier if you simply use the web interface (http://<ip>:8080).
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

RaidoR
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:43 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 pm

I tried to connect with my computer: raspiip:8080
page not found.
When in console put in: #startx & then right click web browser and localhost:8080 I get ERROR: can't start dpid daemon (URL scheme = 'localhost')!

vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:08 pm

RaidoR wrote:I tried to connect with my computer: raspiip:8080
page not found.
When in console put in: #startx & then right click web browser and localhost:8080 I get ERROR: can't start dpid daemon (URL scheme = 'localhost')!
Something is very wrong with the system. As a last resort, you can try this

Code: Select all

$ echo "SELECT * FROM assets;" | sqlite3 ~/.screenly/screenly.db
If that doesn't work, the box is broken beyond repair.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

RaidoR
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:43 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:32 am

When I run $ sudo ./screenly/misc/run_upgrade.sh
Upgrading Screenly OSE...
Ensuring proper permission is set...
Removing feh (no longer needed)...
Installing libx11-dev (if missing)...
Removing 'unclutter' and replacing it with a better hack.
unclutter: no process found
Fetching the latest update...
fatal: unable to connect to github.com:
github.com[0: 192.30.252.129]: errno=Connection timed out

vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:36 am

RaidoR wrote:When I run $ sudo ./screenly/misc/run_upgrade.sh
Upgrading Screenly OSE...
Ensuring proper permission is set...
Removing feh (no longer needed)...
Installing libx11-dev (if missing)...
Removing 'unclutter' and replacing it with a better hack.
unclutter: no process found
Fetching the latest update...
fatal: unable to connect to github.com:
github.com[0: 192.30.252.129]: errno=Connection timed out
Is the device connected to the internet? It gets a timeout from Github, so either the internet connection of the device is down, or there was a temporary issue with Github.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

RaidoR
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:43 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:22 am

I can ping gituhub.com

vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:28 am

RaidoR wrote:I can ping gituhub.com
Well, the device cannot issue a `git pull` [1], so it should be easy to reproduce.

[1] https://github.com/wireload/screenly-os ... ade.sh#L25
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

dansnell
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Screenly OSE.jpg[/attachment]I am having problems with our Screenly OSE in that it seems to reboot itself every minute or so.

I am attaching a screenshot of the system log. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?
[attachment=0]
thanks

Daniel
Attachments
Screenly OSE.jpg
Screenly OSE.jpg (54.16 KiB) Viewed 2747 times

vpetersson
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Sounds like a hardware issue or possibly a software issue.

Are you using the disk image (http://www.screenlyapp.com/ose.html) or self-installed? If self-installed, please try the disk image.

dansnell wrote:Screenly OSE.jpg[/attachment]I am having problems with our Screenly OSE in that it seems to reboot itself every minute or so.

I am attaching a screenshot of the system log. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?
[attachment=0]
thanks

Daniel
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the leading digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi. Now hacking on WoTT (github.com/WoTTsecurity/agent),
Twitter: @vpetersson | vpetersson.com

dansnell
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:48 pm

I'm using the disk image.

Return to “Other projects”