dendesigns
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:58 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:59 am

Thanks for answer in quick. Great app by the way...we're really enjoying Screenly - keep up the good work :)

forum6691
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:37 pm

forum6691 wrote:Hi everybody

I have a problem with diplay on my raspberry PI 2
I 've initialy used a video converter HDMI to VGA to plug on Big TV screen.
The max capacity of TV screen is 1360*768 at 60 Hz in progressive mode, but it seems that the 1024*768 resolution gives better pictures
So, I change resolution to 1024*768 in the .screenly.conf file .
With this configuration, it's OK with adapter VGA, but if I switch hdmi cable instead, I get the video during the boot of the raspberry, but when it swith to the graphic mode to display the picture of screenly, th screen stays black definetively !

I'm annoyed, because with VGA, I can't have the sound, so I would use the HDMI cable.

Is there a special parameter to configure the resolution very finely (resolution and frequency) to correct my problem with direct HDMI connection ?
Thanks.
Cyril
Hello. No one has responded to my initial issue. Is there anybody who could have an idea on this problem. I suppose it's a configuration problem with my Xserver, but what files must I trim to resolve my problem. Changes on the screenly.conf file are not sufficient !
Thank you for your help.
Cyril.

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:40 am

forum6691 wrote:
forum6691 wrote:Hi everybody

I have a problem with diplay on my raspberry PI 2
I 've initialy used a video converter HDMI to VGA to plug on Big TV screen.
The max capacity of TV screen is 1360*768 at 60 Hz in progressive mode, but it seems that the 1024*768 resolution gives better pictures
So, I change resolution to 1024*768 in the .screenly.conf file .
With this configuration, it's OK with adapter VGA, but if I switch hdmi cable instead, I get the video during the boot of the raspberry, but when it swith to the graphic mode to display the picture of screenly, th screen stays black definetively !

I'm annoyed, because with VGA, I can't have the sound, so I would use the HDMI cable.

Is there a special parameter to configure the resolution very finely (resolution and frequency) to correct my problem with direct HDMI connection ?
Thanks.
Cyril
Hello. No one has responded to my initial issue. Is there anybody who could have an idea on this problem. I suppose it's a configuration problem with my Xserver, but what files must I trim to resolve my problem. Changes on the screenly.conf file are not sufficient !
Thank you for your help.
Cyril.
Officially, we only support HD resolution in Screenly. That said, it might work in other resolutions too.

This is however more of a Raspbian issue than a Screenly issue. You might need to reconfigure X11 to work with that resolution. The resolution in screenly.conf only affects some elements in Screenly. It doesn't change anything in how X11 work.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

forum6691
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:17 am

Thank you for the information Victor.
However,how the parameter of resolution define in the sreenly.conf acts ont the X server. It seems , it surcharge a value in the X server, but which ?
I 'd like to be sure that if I modify the resolution in the X server, this one will not be overwrite by screenly ?

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:27 am

forum6691 wrote: However,how the parameter of resolution define in the sreenly.conf acts ont the X server. It seems , it surcharge a value in the X server, but which ?
Screenly does not change any resolution in X11. Those settings are merely for internal usage within the application.
forum6691 wrote: I 'd like to be sure that if I modify the resolution in the X server, this one will not be overwrite by screenly ?
No, Screenly will not overwrite these values.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

forum6691
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:04 pm

After 1 hour and multiple reboots, I 've found the problem with my HDMI interface.

I 've edited the /boot/config.txt file of my raspberry and added the line config_hdmi_boot=11 to force to the maximum the level of signal on the HDMI connector of the raspberry, and it's OK anymore.
Last edited by forum6691 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

drin_pogi
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi. How can I change the color blue of webpage? I want to change it to color green. Thank you.

KallieK
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Greetings Everyone,

I've recently loaded Screenly-OSE on my Raspberry Pi 2. Is there a limitation displaying Concerto content?
I just get a black screen when I add my concerto web page as an asset on Screenly-OSE.

BTW: Using the latest Concerto 2.3.0 on Ubuntu 14

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:13 pm

KallieK wrote:Greetings Everyone,

I've recently loaded Screenly-OSE on my Raspberry Pi 2. Is there a limitation displaying Concerto content?
I just get a black screen when I add my concerto web page as an asset on Screenly-OSE.

BTW: Using the latest Concerto 2.3.0 on Ubuntu 14
We do not officially have any Concerto integration, and we cannot unfortunately allocate any resources to this right now for this. That said, if you're happy we're happy to learn more about this if you're making any progress.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

KallieK
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I'll keep at it. I am able to see the Concerto content using Epiphany and Iceweasel... I like the Screenly Pro edition but for my implementation the site is in a rural area in South Africa with limited and at times no internet connectivity, so I'm forced to load the Digital Signage content from a local resource (server on the local LAN).

Screenly-OSE is perfect for local 'isolated' implementations which would make a Screenly player with Concerto CMS perfect.

Is there anyone on this forum that have had success in this regard? ( Rpi2 + Screenly-OSE ----> Concertp 2.3.0 )

darrellj
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Hey Guys!

So I have just installed Screenly OSE on my Raspberry PI 2 to equip our Lobby TV with Digital Signage Capabilities. I have noticed that periodically, the connection to the IP address to manage Screenly times out and is unreachable. A quick fix for this is to unplug and re-plug the device. That, however, is not a feasible solution as our TV is mounted pretty high. I have noticed that the connectivity returns hours later and everything works fine again. I'm not sure whats causing this issue. Any ideas?

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:40 pm

darrellj wrote:Hey Guys!

So I have just installed Screenly OSE on my Raspberry PI 2 to equip our Lobby TV with Digital Signage Capabilities. I have noticed that periodically, the connection to the IP address to manage Screenly times out and is unreachable. A quick fix for this is to unplug and re-plug the device. That, however, is not a feasible solution as our TV is mounted pretty high. I have noticed that the connectivity returns hours later and everything works fine again. I'm not sure whats causing this issue. Any ideas?
Are you using the image or the self-installed version?

Also, have you upgraded to the latest version?
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

darrellj
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:42 pm

Are you using the image or the self-installed version?

Also, have you upgraded to the latest version?[/quote]



I'm using the self installed version. It appears to be the latest version. Pulled it from here: https://raw.github.com/wireload/screenl ... install.sh.

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:37 pm

darrellj wrote: I'm using the self installed version. It appears to be the latest version. Pulled it from here: https://raw.github.com/wireload/screenl ... install.sh.
Try using our disk image instead. It has a number of enhancements and might work better for you.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

darrellj
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:26 pm

vpetersson wrote:
darrellj wrote: I'm using the self installed version. It appears to be the latest version. Pulled it from here: https://raw.github.com/wireload/screenl ... install.sh.
Try using our disk image instead. It has a number of enhancements and might work better for you.

Will do! Is WiFi support already configured out the box?

RaspiNewb
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:42 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:08 am

Hey Guys,

i just set up Screenly on my Raspi. Everything goes as well and i manually changed the Standard EndTime to 10 Years in
the future in the screenly-ose.js.

So i just read Screenly is able to playback rtmp Links via OMXplayer?

But i dont be able to set up one of these.

I just changed the accepted URL Types in the utils.py file so i could save the rtmp link in the backend but there comes
just this error

Server Error: No connection adapters were found for 'rtmp://pssimn24livefs.fplive.net/pssimn24live-live/_definst_/stream1'

where i have to configure the adapter?

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:18 pm

RaspiNewb wrote:Hey Guys,

i just set up Screenly on my Raspi. Everything goes as well and i manually changed the Standard EndTime to 10 Years in
the future in the screenly-ose.js.

So i just read Screenly is able to playback rtmp Links via OMXplayer?

But i dont be able to set up one of these.

I just changed the accepted URL Types in the utils.py file so i could save the rtmp link in the backend but there comes
just this error

Server Error: No connection adapters were found for 'rtmp://pssimn24livefs.fplive.net/pssimn24live-live/_definst_/stream1'

where i have to configure the adapter?
I suggest you open an Issue for this on Github.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

mmt-8
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi guys, I have a very basic question of Screenyl's workflow. It seems to be really nice application but isn't there a server software where you can manage your screens? How can you define screens and monitor them?

sunlight335
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi,

I am trying to install screenly with berryboot and keep getting this error.

http://tinypic.com/r/10eovb5/9

If anyone can help that would be
great!

Thanks

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:25 pm

mmt-8 wrote:Hi guys, I have a very basic question of Screenyl's workflow. It seems to be really nice application but isn't there a server software where you can manage your screens? How can you define screens and monitor them?
Yes, there is. That product is called Screenly Pro (https://www.screenlyapp.com/tour/).
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:27 pm

sunlight335 wrote:Hi,

I am trying to install screenly with berryboot and keep getting this error.

http://tinypic.com/r/10eovb5/9

If anyone can help that would be
great!

Thanks
Screenly is not currently supported by BerryBoot, but we have a beta version of a BerryBoot image available here:
http://releases.screenlyapp.com/2015-11 ... ryboot.img

Feel free to give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

sunlight335
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:21 pm

I got it working.

It does not let me expand the filesystem in the config.

It says /dev/root does not exist or is not a symlink. Dont know how to expand.

Dies this prevent me from using any screenly features ?

Regards

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:28 pm

sunlight335 wrote:I got it working.

It does not let me expand the filesystem in the config.

It says /dev/root does not exist or is not a symlink. Dont know how to expand.

Dies this prevent me from using any screenly features ?

Regards
Yes, that's probably because the image you're using isn't built for BerryBoot (which uses a slightly different setup). Try the one above.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

karhyv
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:33 pm

I am running on Screenly a web page which should open a new window but it gets blocked. The same web page on a "normal" computer behaves similarly if popups are blocked in web browser. Is there a popup blocker in Screenly (uzbl?) and how it can be disabled?

vpetersson
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Screenly OSE -- Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi

Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:07 pm

karhyv wrote:I am running on Screenly a web page which should open a new window but it gets blocked. The same web page on a "normal" computer behaves similarly if popups are blocked in web browser. Is there a popup blocker in Screenly (uzbl?) and how it can be disabled?
No, there is no pop-up blocker per se. Instead, I think that's by design in UZBL. I think a better solution would be to resolve this issue in the webpage, as you would normally want to prevent any kind of pop-up like behavior.
Creator of Screenly (Screenly.io), the most popular digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi and Sonar (databat.io), Google Analytics for the physical world.
Twitter: @vpetersson | blog.viktorpetersson.com

Return to “Other projects”