coskukoz

Diabet Project

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi people,

I have Bayer Contour TS. There is an output on it to transmit data to the computer. I'll make a project with this data but I don't know how to read this data. If you guys have ideas please share them with me? There is a cable to read data by computer (picture 1). Picture 2 and 3 show the circuit of cable.

Picture 1:
https://www.diabetesstore.com/content/i ... h_400.jpeg
Picture 2:
http://pinoutsguide.com/images/800px-Co ... ltplan.png
Picture3:
http://pinoutsguide.com/images/800px-Co ... nInnen.png
cactiapps.blogspot.com

BMS Doug

Re: Diabet Project

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:33 pm

A link to the manual is probably of some use.
Page20 wrote:Transferring Results to a Computer
You can transfer test results from the CONTOUR®TS meter to a computer, where they can be summarized in a report with graphs and tables. To make use of this feature, you need GLUCOFACTS®DELUXE diabetes management software and a USB data cable from Bayer. The cable is not commercially available but can be requested from Bayer Customer Service. For more information call Bayer Diabetes Support on 0845 600 6030.
Download the latest GLUCOFACTS DELUXE version from:
. May not be available in all countries.

This thread may be helpful
Spilled the Beans wrote:For what it's worth, getting results from the Contour using the serial connector is pretty straightforward:
When you plug the meter in and press the "M" button, the device will send an ENQ (ASCII code 5) to signal that's it's listening.
You reply with an ACK (ASCII code 6), saying "send me the next record."
The device will send you a record. To signal you received it and want the next one, send another ACK.
Repeat until you've exhausted all the records.

The first record you get will be a header of sorts. The next 2 are misc information. Everything after that are glucose measurement records (or control solution).

You can check this out easily using a serial terminal like cutecom:
Code:
sudo apt-get install cutecom
Open /dev/ttyUSB0, set the input mode to hex, and just keep sending "6".

Once you've seen what the record format looks like, script to your liking in your favorite language.

Good luck!

I stopped reading after that, looks like most of what you need to know is there.
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

coskukoz

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:27 pm

Thank you very much! I use it ;)
cactiapps.blogspot.com

coskukoz

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:13 am

I wonder one more thing about it. If I use it with raspberry pi directly does it work? I mean do I need any circuit? Because Bayer Contour TS has a wire for Windows computers and the wire has a circuit as I have posted at first. I'm thinking to connect Contour TS and Raspberry pi directly and I'll define TX and RX to the some of GPIO pins. What do you think about it?
cactiapps.blogspot.com

BMS Doug

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:53 am

They don't give any details about the connection, If you confirm that the device uses 3V3 then you could use the UART GPIO pins , otherwise you will need some kind of interface (logic level shifter) to keep the voltage levels safe for both the Pi and the device. It may be easiest to just get the dedicated USB connector, then you won't risk damage to anything.
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

Return to “Other projects”