dunski

android / iphone mobile remote

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere already.

There's a bunch of mobile remote trackpad / keyboard / mouse apps out in the markets such as this.. http://m.androidzoom.com/android_applic ... bmwll.html
Is it possible to run the server software on debian or other pi distro? Seems be be ubuntu versions out there only at the moment.

Other thought and its way beyond me but is it possible to combine virtual machine apps with the mobile remote app to have a split screen effect? Not having much clue about programming I've no idea if this is feasible.

edent

Re: android / iphone mobile remote

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:03 pm

There are two things you can do.
1) You can use SSH to control the Pi via command line.
2) You can install a VNC server on the Pi and a VNC client on your Android - that way you can control the GUI.

perpe

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Ubuntu is a debian based distro and the source code for the mobile mouse linux server is open source. You can try to compile it for the pi. It my work.

The App Remote Keyboard has a java based server an works on the pi. It requires OpenJDK 6 on the pi.

paulhath

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:14 pm

I run my RPi exculsively headless. This avoids arguments about having the dining table bavk for dinner and other trivial thing :D
Seriously, I have an android phone and can happily control my RPi via both SSH and VNC connections (though the latter is a little tricky on a small phone screen)
Two android apps to check out are:
android-vnc-viewer (for VNC)
ConnectBot (for SSH)
Others are available, but these work for me...
Paul.

dunski

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Perfect thank you for the pointers, I'll take a look and see how far I get. I've got a HTC sensation xe which has a reasonably large screen so ssh vnc might work out, but the air mouse type approach is preferable. Though my lack of linux skills may kill that one off short term.

largeduck

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Thanks for the inspiration. This worked for me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqTAC2He9e8

Return to “Other projects”