Hello all! I have an idea for a car project and need some help in the planning portion. I did some digging and I really am not a fan of how other people made their radio from rpi so I have come up with a rough plan. Essentially I wish to create a touchscreen radio with an rpi 4(would have to buy) which can act as a radio and as a real time data monitoring system. Here's the simplest way I can explain:
- Overall power would come from 12v car battery
- Speaker power would come from factory wiring harness
- Speaker audio would come from the rpi connected to an amp(via aux to rca) connected to the speakers
- Rpi power would come from accessory port(car charger)
- Touchscreen power would piggyback off the rpi via an adapter board supplied with the screen
- Real time data monitoring through OBD2 to bluetooth
Now. My biggest concern is would adding this to everything else the battery supplies power to overload the system and cause electrical failures?(ie lights not working properly).The only thing i think would help is adding load equalizers but im not sure if that will do the trick.
Also is there a way to run both CarPi and OBDPi together? Not at the same time but sort of like apps on phones. Tapping on an icon would start the program(preferably a fast boot and not an insanely slow one). Then pressing an "x" or "close" button would go back to a main menu where I could switch to the other program.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!!