Don't hide your Pi away - and keep it cool man!
Anyone want an "at cost" PiHouse?
I have made some for friends and colleagues and I am thinking of having a production batch made. Price will be cost plus 10% plus postage. I will get commercial cutting costs ASAP (laser or water cutting) - the ones I have done so far have been on my CNC milling machine.
You can see it in action on http://www.ThePiShop.org/cases.htm
* 3mm clear cast acrylic (not the nasty, horrible, extruded stuff),
* protection top and bottom,
* protection for the SD card when in place,
* access to all sides,
* access to all on-board connectors including GPIO (very important),
* location points for daughter boards on top or below to create a PiStack,
* slots in base for cable clips to hold battery pack in place, A 2300mAh NiMH pack (http://tinyurl.com/d9ldssm
) should power your RPi for over 4 hours.
* slot in base to allow battery power plug to pass up to RPi board,
* transparent plastic feet to ensure it does not slide across the desk,
* full air-conditioning (well, air circulation) to keep things cool - at least one of the chips on the RPi runs pretty warm,
* a little bit of extra weight so the RPi does not dangle in mid-air suspended by various leads,
* slot fixing - mounting holes are not available on the RPi but the slots in the PiHouse ensure that the RPi is not held rigidly in place but can move slightly,
* transparent - to show off the RPi at its best!