hardware31

First case adafruit.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:39 am

Hello
I remember that at the beginning of the raspb project the adafruit provided a model of case to be made manually someone remembers that knows if model is still available on the web?

What better case to use to install a large sink?
Thanks for listening.

HawaiianPi

Re: First case adafruit.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm

There were, and still are lots of DIY case designs. Templates for cut-and-fold cardboard cases were quite popular in the early days of the Pi, and Lego cases are still a popular choice. However, there are so many inexpensive cases available now that the appeal of DIY cases has waned. It's not possible to give you any precise suggestions, because you never mentioned which model Pi you want a case for, and you didn't put your location in your profile.

Note that all of the single-core Pi models have the RAM package on top of the CPU, so adding a heatsink to those models is not very effective.
My password is the last 8 digits of Pi.

hardware31

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:08 pm

I would like a model of these from the beginning of the project
ie for pi model b 2011 and pi 3
I find the first cases of acrylic more beautiful
Thanks for listening.

HawaiianPi

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Those cut panel acrylic cases are crap. Sure they look good, but the snap together design makes for a fragile case that you'll likely break while trying to assemble it. And even if you do get it assembled correctly, it will be a creaky, wobbly mess.

The injection molded cases are MUCH better.
My password is the last 8 digits of Pi.

Return to “Cases”