Littlejd97

Bluetooth Phone Microphone

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Hello,
I would like to use my RPi as an audio receiver for my car. I would also like to use a microphone for phone calls. I have followed this tutorial on setting up a A2DP receiver. http://www.instructables.com/id/Turn-yo ... /?ALLSTEPS. But this only works as receiver for music, not also as a microphone for phone calls.

I have a USB DAC with both audio in and out, and it does register with PulseAudio

Code: Select all

[email protected] ~ $ pactl list sources short
0	alsa_output.usb-0d8c_C-Media_USB_Audio_Device-00-Device.analog-stereo.monitor	module-alsa-card.c	s16le 2ch 44100Hz	SUSPENDED
1	alsa_input.usb-0d8c_C-Media_USB_Audio_Device-00-Device.analog-mono	module-alsa-card.c	s16le 1ch 44100Hz	SUSPENDED
2	alsa_output.platform-bcm2835_AUD0.0.analog-stereo.monitor	module-alsa-card.c	s16le 2ch 44100Hz	SUSPENDED
I would like to this DAC for sending microphone audio to my phone over bluetooth.

Like I said, it works fine for receiving audio, but when I start a phone call on my phone, switches to the built in speaker.

If you guys could help me, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jon

Littlejd97

Re: Bluetooth Phone Microphone

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:43 am

After a little more reasearch, it looks like the bluetooth protocol/profile that I need to implement is the Audio Gateway.

Littlejd97

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Bump

redhawk

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:26 pm

To record audio with Bluetooth you'll need the Hand Free Profile (HFP) support because you cannot do it with A2DP alone.
Unfortunately I cannot help I've only done limited tested with Bluetooth audio on the Pi and gave up since it was more troublesome than it's worth.

For A2DP playback I used Pulse Audio this allows audio to play from applications using Pulse Audio as the output device.
As I understand Pulse Audio can also works in the reverse i.e. capture audio, however I've never tested this feature with Bluetooth.

Richard S.

Douglas6

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm in roughly the same boat as redhawk. I spent a lot of time getting A2DP working to my satisfaction. I've never tried HFP, nor do I recall any success stories on this forum, but I haven't searched. I'm not certain it can be done with PulseAudio (or that it can't); I've seen references to oFono, but again no experience.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”