Siberrow

Go pro viewing platform

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:05 pm

So we can all agree the gopro is a pretty powerful device however the one thing it is missing is a lightweight screen where you can quickly view what you have shot. I know of they are available to buy for around £170 but the screen is tiny and drains the battery fast. You can also view them on your smartphone. Well I don't want to do that as I usually shoot extreme sports BMX downhill and also things in water and very rarely take my note 3 out with me. So my question is as I'm new the rpi. Will I be able to make a rpi that will allow me to hook my gopro up after shooting and view what is on it I know of I will need a screen maybe a little 7inch portable one is it doable?

fruitoftheloom

Re: Go pro viewing platform

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:03 pm

I believe it uses a SD Card for storage, therefore a USB Card Reader attached to the Pi would be be able to view.

Do you know what format the GoPro records in ?
Retired disgracefully.....

PiGraham

Re: Go pro viewing platform

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:20 pm

If you want to connect HDMI you could get an HDMIPi and a battrey pack.
There are some cheap 7" TFT screens with HDMI driver boards (about £35) that you could power from a 5V battery pack (officially most are 12V, but I have one that works fone at 5V. You would need to package it.
A good option ight be a cheap tablet.For less than £50 you can get one that will take a TF card and has USB and WiFi. It has a Mali400 GPU which I think should cope with HD video playback.

These things are getting crazy cheap.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”