kshtj

Re: Bluetooth audio streaming

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 am

Welcome to the forum :) . Even I registered today. Being the Raspberry Pi noob, I have started with Rasp Pi Zero W. Was expecting to do the same thing with my Pi. Your post is really informative and elaborate. Hope I implement it right :P .

vpr_

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 pm

Hey guys,

im having problems using the rasbpi as a bluetooth audio receiver. I want to connect with my phone and have the pi play the audio on the connected speakers.

Ive done all the setup and it works fine up to the point that when i do ANYTHING else on the pi, the audio stops playing. Even moving the mouse, or writing something in the terminal, the audio will stop playing.

Im on raspbian, using bluez and pulseaudio. everything on latest version. Wifi is disabled.

Has anybody else experienced something similar and found a solution?

0d0a

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanx for the write up!

rainer.brito

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:05 pm

vpr_ wrote: Hey guys,

im having problems using the rasbpi as a bluetooth audio receiver. I want to connect with my phone and have the pi play the audio on the connected speakers.

Ive done all the setup and it works fine up to the point that when i do ANYTHING else on the pi, the audio stops playing. Even moving the mouse, or writing something in the terminal, the audio will stop playing.

Im on raspbian, using bluez and pulseaudio. everything on latest version. Wifi is disabled.

Has anybody else experienced something similar and found a solution?
This kind of issue seems to be related to some long known problems with BT under raspbian. If you can report it too: https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/887

No update had fixed such problem...

vpr_

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:23 pm

rainer.brito wrote:
This kind of issue seems to be related to some long known problems with BT under raspbian. If you can report it too: https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/887

This issue seems slighty different to mine as mine will stop exactly when i do anything else with the pi. otherwise its running perfectly fine. like i said, mouse/keyboard input is enough to make it stop.

Either way, do you think a bluetooth dongle will solve this?

Douglas6

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:14 am

This thread is four years old. It contained bad advice when it started. If any thread should be locked, this is an excellent candidate.

rainer.brito

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:28 pm

vpr_ wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:23 pm
rainer.brito wrote:

This issue seems slighty different to mine as mine will stop exactly when i do anything else with the pi. otherwise its running perfectly fine. like i said, mouse/keyboard input is enough to make it stop.

Either way, do you think a bluetooth dongle will solve this?

Hi,

honestly, your reported issue seems pretty the same as some users had reported. The disconnection/signal-lost issue happens in a minute, after hours, etc. They have a thing in commom: the communication between speaker and rpi only can be reestablished if we reboot raspbian. It looks like a general problem with particular (and not so random) moments and events in the OS.

About locking this thread: ??? If someone comes across, this thread may be useful to alert: there is an issue and there is a github page to report and learn about it. Not the same scenario, but Bluetooth related -- and update in some way.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”