mikerccs

Using the Pi as a live video monitor for IP camera...

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:05 pm

I read a blog entry a while back, I thought in the news on this site, of someone doing this, but can't find it.

I need to be able to display on the Pi a live 720p (1280x720) H.264 video only stream from an IP security camera. I've tried several solutions so far, RaspBMC, hardware accelerated VLC, and a few others that I can't remember (it was months ago). RaspBMC worked well, but there was a delay in the video of up to 7-8 seconds, which won't work if someone is at the door waiting to be buzzed in and the video display doesn't show them standing there yet. The custom compiled version of VLC was unable to play the H.264 stream for some reason. I need to play the stream with no delay, at full screen on the Pi. It doesn't matter if frames are dropped in the process, just need the display to be as live as possible.

This will be the ONLY thing the Pi is doing, so it just needs to boot up and play the stream at full screen. Any ideas on the best way to accomplish this? Thanks!

RaTTuS

Re: Using the Pi as a live video monitor for IP camera...

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:15 pm

How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

mikerccs

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Ok, I've got Gstreamer installed following the instructions here: http://wiki.matthiasbock.net/index.php/ ... spberry_Pi

apt-get install autoconf automake libtool gtk-doc-tools libglib2.0-dev
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-omx
cd gst-omx
./autogen.sh

I'm not sure of the exact command line syntax I need to run to play my stream. My stream url is "rtsp://192.168.1.206:8557/PSIA/Streaming/channels/2?videoCodecType=H.264".

Defiant

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:36 am

Try something like

Code: Select all

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=rtsp://...

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”