deejayq

Re: Stream IPTV from one RPi to another RPi

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:44 pm

why not try to install raspbian with thveadend on the first pi (the pi that will do the streaming) and then on the other pi install openelec with hts plugin?

jviyer

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:23 pm

gkreidl wrote:If you have followed my tutorial step by step, omxil_vout is used as default video output, so there's no need to set the --vout option (but it doesn't harm either).

Run VLC from the desktop, open the message window, open the stream from the menue, let it run for a moment and stop it with the "s" key. Then have a look at the messages. That might give you a hint.

I have been streaming 720p HD TV across my local network to VLC in the RPi (using http) and it works more or less; I have overclocked to 1000/500 (also core, and h-264). But you MUST disable resampling, because that seems to need too much CPU. I'm still getting 15% idle when displaying the stream, so it's a bit below the RPI's limit. (With omxplayer I get 80% idle time). Bit rate is about 12 - 14 MBit.
==================
Hi,
I am posting in this because I am trying to do something similar (udp stream with omxplayer) and hoping to get some advice.
I am trying to stream live tv from hdhomerun tuner to rpi. I also want to "pause" and "rewind"
the stream. will vlcplayer built following your suggestion support pause/rewind ?

Thanks

dave1029

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:48 am

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, or even if it might be possible:

1) I am using my classroom iPad, a Raspberry Pi, and rPlay to mirrror the iPad's screen on an overhead projector (attached to the Pi)
2) I would like to be able to attach and show more than one screen on the overhead, at the same time. I have no problem attaching each iPad to a dedicated rPi, but I don't want/need one overhead projector per pi.
3) I wonder if it would be possible to use ffmpeg or vlc on a "master" PC to aggregate the outputs of each of the rpi's into a mosaic?
4) I used VNC/xrdp to build a mosaic of the outputs of all of the pi's and the result worked great (each rPi's screen showed up in a "tile" on the mosaic), but mirroring didn't show up on the mosaic.
5) Mirroring worked on the pi but never shows up on the tiles of the mosaic.
6) I assume that is because the RTSP nature of Airplay means it is not running in X?

So I wonder if it would be possible to somehow "pass" the rPI output to a "master" PC. I would love to use another PI as the "master", but I don't think there is any hope of it having enough processing power.

yuenjian

Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:21 am

Hi,

I've been searching and trying for years to make raspberry pi to encode video input to my home network and stream it locally and outside of the Local network.

May I know the device that you used for the video input and a tutorial for how to get things set-up?

Your help will be much appreciated!

Regards,
Wayne

helloukw

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:21 pm

yuenjian wrote:Hi,

I've been searching and trying for years to make raspberry pi to encode video input to my home network and stream it locally and outside of the Local network.

May I know the device that you used for the video input and a tutorial for how to get things set-up?

Your help will be much appreciated!

Regards,
Wayne
Don't know much about video encoding on pi, but I'm currently working on a mp4 streaming solution using php. Found an open source php video streamer and I'm working on a code to scan for mp4 files and list them in html. It works great with any device browser. For subtitles you have to embed them with Handbrake or something similar.
You can find the code I'm working on here (although this was tested on a windows machine, but works on Pi too, if you change the folder with the linux format)
http://snipplr.com/view/146137/php-video-stream/
The open source streamer:
https://gist.github.com/vluzrmos/d5682ad426525196d069

Tested on Android and iOS.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”