mortenkndk

Tascam US-122

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:02 am

Hi.

I'm trying to install a Tascam US-122 (small USB mixer). I've installed it in many other Linux distros (X86) so I'm familiar with the installation process.

I can't get to work on my Pi though, and I've tried Raspbian, Pidora and RaspyFi :-(

The firmware loads fine, but I'm always stuck at sudo usx2yloader which never can find any cards.

I can see that there's never loaded any snd-usb-usx2y modules, and modinfo soundcore gives nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Morten

g4v4g4i

Re: Tascam US-122

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 pm

I have the same problem: it seems every time I do an fxload the device ID goes up (you can check this yourself with the command lsusb before and after you do the fxload).
This seems an issue people also had on other types of hardware (see e.g. this old post on the ubuntu forum: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=194490&page=5).
It seems people there didn't manage to get that fixed...

sluminatrain

Re: Tascam US-122

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Hello, looked into getting one of these working a while ago. Just from memory and without a pi to check on at present, I believe support for snd-usb-usx2y is probably not compiled into the kernel. And in order to compile a module yourself and modprobe it in to existing kernel, would require recompiling ALSA with support for usx2y. So my belief (as of shortly after release of pi) was that either you would have to build your own kernel or ALSA in order to use this device. I could be wrong on this, best to double check if module exists and is loaded in kernel.

Edit: According to first post soundcore is not present in kernel, if this is the case you will have to build new kernel and can't just rebuild ALSA.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”