ajws7036

Bluetooth headsets for Audio in?

Mon May 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello, I really need some help. I've been googling and googling, and haven't found anything. I'd like to automate a part of my house with my raspberry pi. I have the 512 mb model B, A kensington USB bluetooth dongle which works great with the Pi, And some cheap emerson EM514 bluetooth headsets with a built in mic. My problem is, I have tried all of the few audio IN via bluetooth tutorials, but they don't work. I've attempted to configure it so that the bluetooth headset comes in as an audio device in /etc/asound.conf and... no luck. It doesn't display. I tried setting it up as a sink into my Pi, and was able to hear the audio out through my iHome hooked up to my Pi. It serves as a valid and convenient power and audio out source. Anyways, after I attached it using blueman and bluez, I used

Code: Select all

pactl load-module module-loopback source=bluez.source.xx_xx_xx_xx_xx sink=alsa.whatever.the.sink.is
and was able to successfully hear myself through my iHome. My question is, when I used PiAUI Voice control, it didn't pick up my voice, although i could hear it via the Audio out. And when I used

Code: Select all

aplay -l
, my headset didn't appear even though i configured it in /etc/asound.conf How do I configure my Pi to use ALSA and Pulse audio correctly to use my BT headset sink as a valid microphone? I'm running the latest Raspbian Wheezy.

theamazingdrew

Re: Bluetooth headsets for Audio in?

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:59 am

Older post, but...

As of right now, Raspian is onlyon version 2.0 of pulseaudio. The current version is 4.99. The relevant point here is that bluetooth support didn't really work out of the box until version 3.0

So, either wait for the repo to catch up, or upgrade it yourself.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”