KenT

Re: Pi Presents: A display package for museums & visitor cen

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Its possible. You need to save the powerpoint presentation as a jpg. A jpg image will be created for each slide which you can use in Pi Presents. You will need to adjust the slide size in powerpoint to match the pixel size of your monitor.
QPRsteve wrote:Apologies if this has been covered,

I am total noob to this game, my idea is to use pp on a pi zero to constantly loop a PowerPoint presentation, is this possible with pp?

Any tips on how to do this?

I have seen some basic ideas on YouTube but there not very informative for the total beginner
Pi Presents - A toolkit to produce multi-media interactive display applications for museums, visitor centres, and more
Download from http://pipresents.wordpress.com

lucasto

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Dear All,
I write for an help as my knowledge in electronic is very poor.
I would like to trig one raspberry by an other one as I have to feed two different video projectors;
I made a gpio.cfg of the master raspberry with one pin set as "out" and connected that pin to the slave raspberry where I set one pin as "in" with the option "rising-name" configured;
The master pin is outputting 3,3v and I tested with a led working properly but nothing happen to the slave raspberry. If I configure the slave pin as falling-name and use a button connected to a ground pin it work perfectly. I' thinking to use a relay instead of button but I wonder if there is any way to trig the raspberry with just one pin.
Any help is really appreciated.
Last but not list I would like to thanks mister KenT for this software that in my opinion make great things with such small hardwere.
Best regards to all
Luca

varusgarcia

Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Hello all,
Noob speaking, I have an issue with a project i'm trying to achieve for some time:

Video played on loop. Nine different keys bound to nine different images. When one key is pressed, the video stops and the image is shown for about 20 secs. If nothing else is pressed after the time, the video resumes (if not possible, the video would need to start from the beginning). Obviously, if some key is pressed when one image is shown, then the other image would be shown (also waiting 20 secs before playing the video again)

I've tried to create separate medialist for the video and the images, then bound each medialist to a start trigger, but that doesen't seem to work.

I don't know what else to tryout... (i've even thought of doing everything on html, but sadly, as i want to use a Pi Zero, it's not really possible to play videos on the browser)

Bonus: is there a way of creating transitions between video/images?

Thanks Ken for your awesome work!

wwagonman

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 am

Having problems with double video playing...

I have previously been successful at implementing Pi Presents on a Pi B+ and Zero. I have been trying to create a new, from scratch, version. I can get everything working when I launch Pi Presents from the command line, but when I set it up to launch at power-up a second copy of the video starts about five seconds after the first. Using control-break, one of the videos stops, but the other continues and the pi is then unresponsive to all inputs, have to pull power to shut it down.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Lee

makmar

Mon May 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Very nice program with many settings.
I try it in raspberry pi 1 model b with Rasbian Jessie with pixel.
I run the example pp_presentation. I edit the profile and I can add a photo with the TRACK >add file
but because I wand to add many pictures I try without success to use the TRACK> add Dir.
When I use the Track> Add Dir nothing happens.
Did I miss something?

Thank you

remyrem

Re: Pi Presents: A display package for museums & visitor centres

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi guys,
Maybe you can help me :)
I want to use a menu with my touchscreen but the menu examples only work with my keyboard.
How i can create a "MENU" with a touchscreen like the hyperlinkshow examples.

TY :D

xniala

Re: Pi Presents: A display package for museums & visitor centres

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:54 am

Hello,

I've just discovered this project, and Raspberry world at the same time, and it's a great job !

For now I'm struggling with screen size : I'm working on a project for a 1280*1024 screen.
I'm working for the moment with a 1920*1080 screen. So refering to the manual section 4.2.5 and 6.1, I'm trying to use the -s, screensize option.
I tried :
-s [1280*1024]
and get the following error : Profile Error : dimensions are not positive integers in --screensize.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”