manato91

Hifiberry amp2

Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi, I just signed up and I'm a neophyte so forgive me everything. My basic idea was to combine the raspberry with an amplified sound card that could control at least two speakers on the 30w and looking around I came across the hifiberry amp2. On the web, I saw that these cards were always combined with programs like Volumio to make the card become a music player. At this point I wanted to know if it was possible to use these DACs even without Volumio or such programs but simply as an audio output of the raspberry not confining it to a simple music player. I don't know if I made the idea but I hope so.

LTolledo

Re: Hifiberry amp2

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Though not HifiBerry Amp2 I have several units of DAC-amp combo for the Raspberry Pi series.

A Suptronics X400 v2.0 is used as you have described, with volumio, combined with my DIY speaker enclosures and DIY UV meter.
Another one, a Suptronics X400 v3.0, is fitted to this RPi3B+ Raspbian Stretch with Desktop unit, where I use this a my main desktop PC, for watching videos via Kodi and YouTube.
And another one is an iQAudio Digi-Amp+ fitted on a RPi3B Desktop unit.

So yes anybody can use the DAC-Amp combo as long as there are drivers available (better if those drivers are already built in to the OS, like in Raspbian).

I'd probably stay away from WM8960 based DAC-amps as those have no readily available drivers in the OS...
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

manato91

Re: Hifiberry amp2

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:39 am

hello, thanks for the reply. Then I'll try one of the DACs you recommended and I'll let you know. :D

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”