myka

Chromium Microphone Blocked

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:35 pm

EDIT: solved this issue, the problem is that in order to access the microphone it must be from a secure host (HTTPS) or localhost. I ended up just generating an SSL cert for my app, but you can also ignore the option temporarily as found here: https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium- ... re-origins

Was going to delete this post, but maybe it will help others searching in the future. Any mods feel free to delete if that's a waste of space. Thanks.
I wish Chromium would give a popup saying why it was blocking mic, would've saved me hours haha.

Hi,

I'm attempting to use my Yeti USB microphone inside of Chromium on my Raspberry Pi 3b+

The Mic works on the Pi (tested with Audacity), and it works in the same web app on my Mac OS X laptop running Chrome.

When I try to use it in Chromium the microphone is blocked. It detects the mic but everytime I switch it to "ask to use mic" it switched right back to "blocked".

Any advice would be wonderful, I'm at my wits end since there's no error or anything and hours of searching has turned up nothing.

Here's a screenshot to see what I'm talking about...
Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 12.22.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 12.22.46 PM.png (48.6 KiB) Viewed 219 times

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”