dmozell

Speaker for raspberry audio

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:49 pm

I currently have a wireless audio system set up as follows:
1) One raspberry (with the Hifiberry DAC+ADC) with darkice/icecast2 streams anything coming from my stereo system.
2) I have the body of a 1940s radio inside of which is another raspberry with a Hifiberry DAC connected to a Bose soundlink mini. This raspberry runs Volumio to play either internet radio stations or to pick up the stream coming from my stereo system (above).

I overall very happy with the way it works and the sound quality. But right now I have to reach into the radio body to turn on the Bose. Ideally I'd like to wire in an on/off switch which would connect the raspberry to it's power source and also turn on/off the Bose speaker. But I can't do that with the Bose. I have looked online to find a stereo speaker like the Bose which would turn on simply by plugging power into it. That would enable me to rig up an external switch, thereby having a closed old radio body as the housing for the system. I know I can use all kinds of small speakers, but I want something that sounds as good as the Bose.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Andyroo

Re: Speaker for raspberry audio

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:21 pm

I had hoped the new Soundlink II would do that :cry: as I use mine fixed as well. I've had a look on eBay for a low cost one (well one under £60) to hack apart but no luck so far :lol: :evil: :lol:

The sound out of the Anker SoundCore 2 portable speaker is good (esp for its price) and at around £40 is tempting to get one and cut the case open to permanently wire it up...

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”