alex-sport

Audio Livestream from analog mixer to a website

Thu May 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi,

I am planning the following project and hope that you can help me to clarify some questions:

The sound from an analog mixer should be streamed to a website directly. When I go to this website, the sound of the analog mixer should be played automatically.

Actually, my idea is that a sound card will be connected to the Raspberry Pi. The mixer will be connected to the Raspberry Pi via a cable with jack or RCA cable. Here on the Raspberry Pi should give a way to stream the sound from the sound card to that website. BTW which sound card would you recommend for this?

I thought about RTSP but I don't know how to realize it on the Raspberry Pi. I just came across gstreamer and VLC. Is that an option to implement this project? Or how would you implement that? The latencies should be kept as low as possible. The website is also hosted on the same Raspberry Pi.

But first I would like to understand how the sound on the Raspberry Pi should be received, processed and forwarded to the Website and what components are needed for that. An explanation would be very helpful for me.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards
Alex

dmozell

Re: Audio Livestream from analog mixer to a website

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:24 pm

Install darkice and icecast on your Raspberry. You can create a stream accessed at a url. You can embed that url in your existing website. Expect this to be time consuming to setup. But once set, there is no more work involved.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”