dalepres

Low level sound API documentation

Thu May 02, 2019 12:45 am

I have been searching for a simple audio chat/intercom system for headless Raspberry PI and can't find one. Installing Asterisk, FreePBX, etc. will work but is way too complex to run for a simple 5 or 6 station intercom.

I've done low-level development using WIN32 API but not in Linux or Raspberry. Still, I'm thinking that I will have to write my own solution to do what I need but I have no clue where to start. I don't find any API documentation for low-level system access like I find in Windows.

Where can I find documentation to start?

epoch1970

Re: Low level sound API documentation

Thu May 02, 2019 9:47 am

This page summarizes the linux audio stack and contrasts it to what's available in Windows. No idea if it's accurate.
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

knute

Thu May 02, 2019 3:35 pm

I wrote a simple point to point intercom for the Pi and Windows using JavaSound. It is simple to program and has the advantage of running the same code on both systems. You can see the code here: pi.knutejohnson.com.

ghans

Thu May 02, 2019 5:27 pm

• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”