beppe2

Is youtube live consdered a live stream, can I use Chromium?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:57 pm

newbie here: Is youtube live TV considered a live stream? I'm having issues with chromium - video format not supported. I'd certainly consider this in favor of chromium if applicable. thanks...

fruitoftheloom

Re: Is youtube live consdered a live stream, can I use Chromium?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:43 pm

beppe2 wrote:
newbie here: Is youtube live TV considered a live stream? I'm having issues with chromium - video format not supported. I'd certainly consider this in favor of chromium if applicable. thanks...

Yes it is Live Streaming and the content depends on who uploaded and the codecs used:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853702
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

RPi_Mike

Re: Is youtube live consdered a live stream, can I use Chromium?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:45 pm

beppe2 wrote:
newbie here: Is youtube live TV considered a live stream? I'm having issues with chromium.....

That's strange!

I received an email notification about this rather innocent question – but for some odd reason, it suddenly moved from a pre-existing thread to this brand-new thread!

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by "YouTube live". When I Google the term, the only real thing that comes up is a 2008 streaming event from Tokyo and San Francisco.

But if you simply mean "how do I watch live streams on YouTube", it sounds like you discovered the Chromium web browser is subject to a variety of video-related issues.

If that is the case, my GPU-accelerated software suite might be exactly what you're looking for. Is it the only solution? No, it is not. But as I pointed out in the other thread, my approach uses "the extremely potent and well-established tools of FFmpeg, mpv and youtube-dl" – so it certainly ranks as one of the best solutions available:

Build FFmpeg and mpv – Automatically in 54 Minutes!

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”