truehl

Re: Squeezeslave up and running

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Gerrelt wrote:Yes, squeezeplug is lot more then just a squeezebox player, sorry I left that out.

Truehl, you're doing great work! Keep it up. I've allready recommended squeezeplug to several other people. 8-)
No problem!!!
I saw you made a good job with your Doku and the init script for SqueezeLite. I think we both adapted it from Ralphy init script for SqueezeSlave.

I'm searching for guys like you to work with me in the SqueezePlug project! Any fun to join?
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

harlock74

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 pm

HI Gerrelt/Truehl,
Thanks to you as well for yours kind responses.
I am just re-installing everything through ssh...fingers crossed. I will give you an update soon :mrgreen:
Cheers

harlock74

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Bytheway it so difficult to do this kind of things with wife around :oops:

Gerrelt

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:51 pm

truehl wrote:
Gerrelt wrote:Yes, squeezeplug is lot more then just a squeezebox player, sorry I left that out.

Truehl, you're doing great work! Keep it up. I've allready recommended squeezeplug to several other people. 8-)
No problem!!!
I saw you made a good job with your Doku and the init script for SqueezeLite. I think we both adapted it from Ralphy init script for SqueezeSlave.

I'm searching for guys like you to work with me in the SqueezePlug project! Any fun to join?
I think you over estimate me. :mrgreen: I am a novice raspberry user, just starting. And I've worked with unix for several years, but only as an Oracle developer. There were admins managing the servers. But I did do some scripting.
I want to get my two raspberry multi-room LMS - squeezelite system running stable first, then I will start playing around with squeezeplug. Then I will see if I can be of any assistance.
BTW, I am honored! 8-)
my Raspberry Pi page: http://raspberry.gerrelt.nl

Gerrelt

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:51 pm

harlock74 wrote:Bytheway it so difficult to do this kind of things with wife around :oops:
:D :lol: She's got other jobs for you?

harlock74

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Teapickles/Gerrelt/Truehl
That worked like a charm!!!!!!!Thank you very much indeed!!!!
Now next step I would like to connect my USB sac to the raspberry pi. Can you please let me know to let squeezelite know that I am using the usb output?Thanks again for your kind help!

harlock74

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:53 pm

She's got other jobs for you?

:? :D

harlock74

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 am

Hi,
Can you please help me out with this?

This is what I got at the terminal:

root@squeezeplug:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: DAC [USB Audio DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 7/8
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
root@squeezeplug:~#

Now if I do the two Test Sounds under 'Change Audio Settings' in the Squeezeplug settings I can hear them through my speakers...which means that the signal is passing through the DAC connected to my amplifier. But when I try to play some music no sound at all...so the good news is that the raspberry pi recognises the DAC but I can't play my music though.
Would you please be so kind as to let me know how to set the usb output as the the default one?
thanks a lot!

keefka

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 am

Hi, thank you for making the squeezeplug, i'm really loving it!
But i'm having a problem with setting up two Pi's to work together. I used the latest image on your site to install squeezebox on two different pi's, one as master, the other as slave. The master pi works just fine, everything installed properly, and I can access the LMS site (ipaddress:9000) just fine. For the slave Pi, the installation process also worked, but when I try ./squeezeslave, I get this message:
Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:3483
Connection to Squeezebox Server 127.0.0.1 failed.
Whenever I performed the setup for the slave, it recognized the Master pi, showing the address on the screen under LNS-servers on LAN (info), and then on the next screen it told me to put the IP address in since it didn't see one on the slave itself. So i'm not sure why it's seeing an LMS server in the installation, but after the necessary reboot it's defaulting to 127.0.0.1

Could it be something isn't getting saved properly? Or is there a file i've got to edit?

By the way, the Master is running LMS and the slave is running Squeezeslave, both are up to date as of this posting.

Both my Pi's are model B, the Master being the 512 MB revision and the slave is the original 256 MB model (could this be the problem?), both are connected to the network via cable, not wifi. And i've locked their respective IP addresses into my house's PfSense router.

If you could help, it would be very much appreciated!

truehl

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:29 am

keefka wrote:Hi, thank you for making the squeezeplug, i'm really loving it!
But i'm having a problem with setting up two Pi's to work together. I used the latest image on your site to install squeezebox on two different pi's, one as master, the other as slave. The master pi works just fine, everything installed properly, and I can access the LMS site (ipaddress:9000) just fine. For the slave Pi, the installation process also worked, but when I try ./squeezeslave, I get this message:
Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:3483
Connection to Squeezebox Server 127.0.0.1 failed.
Whenever I performed the setup for the slave, it recognized the Master pi, showing the address on the screen under LNS-servers on LAN (info), and then on the next screen it told me to put the IP address in since it didn't see one on the slave itself. So i'm not sure why it's seeing an LMS server in the installation, but after the necessary reboot it's defaulting to 127.0.0.1

Could it be something isn't getting saved properly? Or is there a file i've got to edit?

By the way, the Master is running LMS and the slave is running Squeezeslave, both are up to date as of this posting.

Both my Pi's are model B, the Master being the 512 MB revision and the slave is the original 256 MB model (could this be the problem?), both are connected to the network via cable, not wifi. And i've locked their respective IP addresses into my house's PfSense router.

If you could help, it would be very much appreciated!
1. Pleasse update to version 6.02
2. Why do you use SqueezeSlave, I would prefer SqueezeLite.
3. SqueezeSlave has an option to show the running LMS, but can not connect them without telling SqueezeSlave the IP. So you have to give the IP during the setup. SqueezLite is able to auto connect to an LMS.

Does this help?
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

harlock74

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:53 pm

harlock74 wrote:Hi,
Can you please help me out with this?

This is what I got at the terminal:

root@squeezeplug:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: DAC [USB Audio DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 7/8
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
root@squeezeplug:~#

Now if I do the two Test Sounds under 'Change Audio Settings' in the Squeezeplug settings I can hear them through my speakers...which means that the signal is passing through the DAC connected to my amplifier. But when I try to play some music no sound at all...so the good news is that the raspberry pi recognises the DAC but I can't play my music though.
Would you please be so kind as to let me know how to set the usb output as the the default one?
thanks a lot!
Hi guys,

Just for an update.
I have re-installed Squeezeplug and Squeezelite and in the setup page I have selected the DAC PCM2704 as the default audio device and it worked! My DAC has been recognised and finally I can listen to my music through Squeezelite Player.

I would like to ask you a couple of questions:
1. As far as you know, would Squeezelite play 24-bit FLAC files? So far I wasn't able to listen to any of my FLAC files.
2. I can't listen to any WMA internet radios with Squeezelite. Is that normal?\

Thanks and sorry for asking too many questions :mrgreen:

Truehl thank you so much to develop such a brilliant software!! Keep up the good job :D

keefka

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 pm

1. Pleasse update to version 6.02
2. Why do you use SqueezeSlave, I would prefer SqueezeLite.
3. SqueezeSlave has an option to show the running LMS, but can not connect them without telling SqueezeSlave the IP. So you have to give the IP during the setup. SqueezLite is able to auto connect to an LMS.

Does this help?
1 & 2- Did that, switched over to Squeezelite, works perfect now, thank you so much! I didn't have a reason for using squeezeslave other than that's what I chose :P But will definitely use squeezelite from now on.
3. I did enter the IP when attempting the Squeezeslave install, i'm not sure why it wasn't saving the IP, which was the main problem.

Killerbee

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 pm

For all you spotify junkies :D

I found this post http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... )&p=733864
A patched version of the spotify lib integrated in a hf spotify plugin for LMS.

Performs way better than the softfloat verison.

Thanks triode

gussmith

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:10 pm

I am running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 on Raspi.
I have squeezeslave running and I have also stations which play way too fast (smurfs singing or talking :)

How can I solve this with suqeezeslave ? Or should I need another player?

Cheers,
Gus

gussmith

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:43 am

I installed squeezelite and it plays stations at normal speed.
However squeezeslave has better sound quality. Using squeezelite I hear some irritating
scratching noise on all stations.
Don't know if others have this and can be solved?

gussmith

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:51 am

I read here a solution to get rid of the crackling sound.
https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/i ... tail?id=28

I am using this now:

Code: Select all

squeezelite-armv6 -o default:CARD=ALSA -a 80
No crackling sound now!

bazzzer

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi Truehl, Squeezeplug is great - thanks for the work, but whatever I do, I can't install any player from the menus. I have a newish model B, and am using an 6gb SDHC card, class 6.
I have followed your instructions/tutorials, and tried twice to install everything, but everything works OK except any players....

Gerrelt

Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:12 pm

@bazzer: I think you should post your question in this thread: Squeezeplug thread

@gussmith: Great! Thanks for posting your solution here.

squiregeek

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 am

I use Squeeze Commander on my Android phone to control SqueezeLite. I can select MP3 files or change Internet radio stations with ease. I can even adjust volume.

With regard to DACs, I've used the Behringer UCA-202 and 222 (RPi doesn't know the difference). It has both analog and digital optical outputs (I use both simultaneously) and has performed admirably. I use them at the radio station I do engineering for and they've proven reliable in the few years they've been in service. Wheezy seems to know all about them and they install effortlessly. You can sometimes find them cheaply in the Web.

Russh

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi,

Im having a strange issue with my setup on the squeezeslave.

It all seems to be working fine, except the music is playing back very slowly (completely change of tempo)

Anyone had a similar issue and know of a fix?

cavoknosig

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:10 am

i'm also looking into squeezeplug etc...

what i'm missing so far is the ideal amp/speaker combo...
should be small yet good quality through the full sound range.
also, the standby consumption shouldn't get too big due to the amp.

any pointers?

Gerrelt

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Russh wrote: Im having a strange issue with my setup on the squeezeslave.

It all seems to be working fine, except the music is playing back very slowly (completely change of tempo)

Anyone had a similar issue and know of a fix?
Yes, I've had the same problem, that's why I switched to Squeezelite instead of Squeezeslave.

See this tutorial: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 38&t=25778

@cavoknosig: Sorry, I am not using a seperate amp, so I've got no pointers.

djfake

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:28 pm

MyLastWord wrote: If you got an 2x16 LCD hookup and with LCDd running, you can run 'Squeezeslave -l' (option l for lcdproc)
voila! "Now Playing" show on line1 and %title%(%artist%) scrolling on line2.
Wow, that's great. Any suggestions for one to purchase?

thank you!

sissad

Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi everyone,

How can I change the Squeezeslave name ? I have 2 Raspberry pi with Squeezeslave installed but the server sees only one and one of the two crashes.

Thank you for Help,

Sincerely,

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”