thelifeofaghost

Building a Raspberry Pi network stereo

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:47 am

Hi All,

I recently put together a sub-£150 Pi-based stereo that can receive audio from Spotify, Plex, and AirPlay!

Full details, instructions, and a list of parts can be found in the blog post here: https://blog.microswit.ch/index.php/201 ... rk-stereo/

I appreciate any feedback or criticism as this is my first real Pi-based project.

Thanks,

Pete.

pfletch101

Re: Building a Raspberry Pi network stereo

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:00 pm

Looks like a nice project! In your example initial wpa_supplicant.conf file, you should probably include

Code: Select all

country={2-letter country code}
since at least some people following your instructions are likely to use a 3B+ (which requires that the country be specified), and it won't do any harm on earlier models, which don't.

thelifeofaghost

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:06 pm

That's a good point! I have updated the post accordingly! Thank you! :D
pfletch101 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:00 pm
Looks like a nice project! In your example initial wpa_supplicant.conf file, you should probably include

Code: Select all

country={2-letter country code}
since at least some people following your instructions are likely to use a 3B+ (which requires that the country be specified), and it won't do any harm on earlier models, which don't.

kkman20xx

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 am

Have you heard of Volumio and Music Player Daemon based, Pi compatible software especially for music players? It has an interface you can control using your cell phone via wifi.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”