Lumacosy

Issue with sound on portable dvd player

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:19 pm

With my project, I'd like to be able to do as much as I can without taking anything apart, because I don't know how to do it, and I'm afraid to mess up. My issue is I'm using the AV in port on this portable dvd player to transfer the Audio and Video from the Raspberry Pi to it. However, the only way it will transfer video is if the Yellow and White cords are switched around. It will show the video, but it emits a buzzing noise if the volume is turned up. Would there be any way to keep the setup as close as possible to what I have now whilst fixing the audio? Thanks.

(Here's a reference video showcasing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLCzwpMuGaI)

fruitoftheloom

Re: Issue with sound on portable dvd player

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:44 pm

Lumacosy wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:19 pm
With my project, I'd like to be able to do as much as I can without taking anything apart, because I don't know how to do it, and I'm afraid to mess up. My issue is I'm using the AV in port on this portable dvd player to transfer the Audio and Video from the Raspberry Pi to it. However, the only way it will transfer video is if the Yellow and White cords are switched around. It will show the video, but it emits a buzzing noise if the volume is turned up. Would there be any way to keep the setup as close as possible to what I have now whilst fixing the audio? Thanks.

(Here's a reference video showcasing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLCzwpMuGaI)

Do you have the correct AV Cable for the RPi, which I presume has the TRRS Connector, as you have not stated RPi model:
Model-B-Plus-Audio-Video-Jack-Diagram.png
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

Lumacosy

Re: Issue with sound on portable dvd player

Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:19 pm

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 model B, and my wire looks identical to the one shown in the photo (although I don't know much about the technicalitys of it all).

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”