dmozell

icecast2/darkice - autostart darkice - volumio

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:09 pm

I'm new to raspberry and linux but am off to a good start. I've got icecast2 and darkice working on one raspberry, streaming the output of my stereo system, and volumio on another pi playing the stream. I've got the settings all working for excellent sound.

There are a number of posts on the internet about getting darkice to start on boot. The messages are all old and I haven't been able to get that to work. I'm using Rasbian stretch and it may be that some of the suggestions out there work on other rasbian versions. That's my primary issue.

I have a few other less important questions.

1) Is darkice or icecast limited to 16 bit? I've got a Griffin Imic as sound card inputting to the source raspberry. It can do 24 bit but when I put 24 bit in the darkice.cfg I get an error message on start. 16 bit works fine.

2) Volumio question - there's a plugin called autostart. If you are listening to an internet radio station, turn off the pi and turn it back on, it returns to and plays that station. But if you're listening to a local stream from another pi, that doesn't restart on boot. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”