Maz Hoot

Pure data + GPIO with wiringPI (output ok input don't work)

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to use a push button from GPIO breadboard to puredata for make a bang or a toggle action or print a value.

The output with a led work very good, when I push the toggle on the screen with my mouse, my led on my breadboard light up. But other sense never worked... And that's what I want to have at the finally : use real physical push buttons to declenche things in puredata.

Here is a screen of the help page of wiringPI for puredata.

Maz Hoot

Re: Pure data + GPIO with wiringPI (output ok input don't work)

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:50 am

Ps : it's not a problem about a default in the physical push buton itself because it works good in a python code. The problem is only in pure data, only for input...

And it's not a problem about the gpio because sames GPIO pins works good in a python code

Douvz

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 am

Hi,

Did you manage to solve your problem ? I have the same issue and I don't find so much stuff about this...

Maz Hoot

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi,

No sorry I didn't solve my problem... I stopped research for this because I don't have a lot of time for now but if someone has the solution that's should be really cool :-)

Douvz

Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Ok so,

i found a way to read the value of the pin at any time using the following cabling + patch (sorry for using paper, I'm at work and don't have acces to my personnal computer haha):

When the switch is open the pin is set to 0 and when I push it is set to 1.
Bang1 receives a bang for every metro's bang so that's why I added the following bit of patch. This way I only have one bang when I push the switch. I'm not sure this is the best way to do it but it works for one pin so far.

I've been thinking a bit about that and I don't think this cabling is going to work if I want more than one button. I think I can work something out with the internal pull_down resistor. I'm a beginner with all this cabling/programming stuff so I have to figure out how everything works.

Tell me if you're interested with my progresses with his issue, and don't hesitate to ask me if something's unclear.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”