nicolodo

configure Kodi on raspbian lite via ssh

Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Hy guys.
I'm trying to install Kodi on my Raspbian but i have Raspbian lite without GUI interface.
I have some problems that i can not solve.
I m connect through ssh and for enable the web server i have edit the guiconfiguration.xml inside ~/.kodi /.
I can not start kodi because I can only connect via ssh and when I give the command

Code: Select all

Kodi
the terminal of ssh crash .

How can I start kodi and subsequently access other clients through the web interface?
I also do not dare to find a way to start the daemon on every boot of raspbian, i have find some guide but they are only for raspbian with gui and
furthermore I want it to start as a daemon but to continue using my rasp normally with my user pi.

So the problem is can i configure Kodi via ssh on a raspberry with Raspbian without Gui interface?.

nicolodo

Re: configure Kodi on raspbian lite via ssh

Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:43 pm

UPDATE:

So i have understand that i have to edit the kodi.service in a systemd unit file, in this way i have the daemon of kodi that running in background.
In this way

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl start kodi.service 
works.
Now i have to enable the web interface. But the problem is that if i edit the guisettings.xml into my ~/.kodi every times i start my kodi.service it load the default settings and overwrites my changes. So i had to create a new file called " advancesettings.xml" where write the changes for enable webserver.
In this way i can acess on my web interface but now i have a new issue:

from web interface how can I add new paths to scan? if yes how i can do?
And you know why kodi overwrites my changes at guisettings.xml everytmes i edit it?

Thanks.

nicolodo

Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Sorry for my 3 auto reply but i think that this is the best way because are 3 different update.

So i have configure my library connect the rasp on tv monitor hmi because it was impossibile configure it throught ssh.
But now i have one issue and a curiosity
the curiosity is why the guisettings.xml in /<myuser>/.kodi/ when i start kodi.service is overwritten by default settings? it's beacuase i run the kodi service with sudo?

And i have a little issue: when i start raspbian it open kodi, and i only see it, but i want to able to use my classic terminal not only kodi. How should i do?( i know that i can acess through ssh but i want acess my terminal on raspbian connect to hdmi)

Rascas

Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:45 pm

The web interface is just to controll an instance of Kodi, not to view videos embedded.
Your questions were alraedy answered o kodi foruns. Basically Kodi isn't made to be running headlessly, daemon mode or in the background.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”