Paul_N50

Problems playing RPi audio though BT speakers

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:10 pm

I am having problems playing audio from my shiny new Raspberry Pi3 (mod B) to my bluetooth speakers and would appreciate a little help please. I have read many suggestions on this user group and elsewhere as to how to resolve this but none of them have worked for me. Here's my set up:

I am running Raspbian Version 9 (stretch) with all latest updates applied (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade) plus I have installed Pulse Audio (sudo apt-get install alsa-utils bluez bluez-tools pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-bluetooth)

I can pair and connect to my speakers with no problem at all (either through the Bluetooth GUI or by using bluetoothctl from the terminal)

Running "pactl list sinks" correctly shows my Bluetooth speaker connected etc.

I then connect the audio source to the bluetooth sink (pactl load-module module-loopback source=0 sink=1 rate=44100 adjust_time=0)
with no problems.

However, I am not actually able to play any audio over Bluetooth. When I start mplayer it correctly loads my MP3 but its track/time counter does not increment and there is no audio from the bluetooth speaker ("mplayer -ao pulse sample.mp3" and "mplayer sample.mp3" give the same result.

As soon as I power down the bluetooth speaker, mplayer starts to play the audio via the headphone jack and the track/time counter increments normally.

So, it seems that mplayer and the audio system recognise that there is a bluetooth speaker connected but for some reason will not stream the audio to it and appears to be waiting for something else to happen before it can play.

Elsewhere I saw a suggestion to stop and disable bluealsa (sudo systemctl stop bluealsa && sudo systemctl disable bluealsa) which I did but this does not make any difference to the above problem.

All suggestions gratefully received as I've run out of ideas despite much reading and trying,
Thanks, Paul

Paul_N50

Re: Problems playing RPi audio though BT speakers

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Just an update to this problem....I tried changing the BT speaker for a completely different one and had exactly the same problem.
So help still needed and much appreciated please.
Thanks, Paul

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”