cfalcon

Internet Radio and MP3 Player

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Hello,

I want to build a simple music player, it should stream internet radio and MP3 player (if it works with free spotify or youtube also good) with a Raspbery PI, I have version 1 and 3.
I know that are many projects out there, but I want to know what is the best for what I want.
I do not need any display, I want to make the control by a web page.

What do you suggest?

Thanks,

CF

topguy

Re: Internet Radio and MP3 Player

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:23 pm

The old http://www.pimusicbox.com/ sounds very suitable for your needs.
- The original site has not been updated for a good while, but someone might have forked it and working on it if you google further.
- Free Spotify support is probably not going to happen.

DarrenHill

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:40 am

Also have a look at Volumio.

I run it on a Pi Zero W (with a DAC pHAT) and it works fine as an internet radio, and it can also support locally stored and network available MP3.

I think there is a Spotify plug-in for it as well, but that's just from memory and don't take that as gospel as I don't use them personally.

fredoll

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:55 am

you could also use mpd and ympd

johndavies

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:54 am

I contributed to a post which may help you. If you look at the Projects section of the Forum where your letter is shown and open up the Media Centres section, you can scroll down to and open up the "MPC Playlist Issue". I have given some hints and tips on how to use the MPC/MPD system. I have also recommended the use of omxplayergui which can now display and play your media files wherever they are stored on your pi i.e. SD card, USB memory stick and/or hard disc.

donkeyhead1

Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:21 pm

I'd be interested to know of what is suitable for an MP3/internet radio player.
I've got an IQ Audio DAC, a spare Zero with some hub that gives it Wifi.

For me though, it needs to have a display, LCD or OLED, IR remote or at least a volume knob and run on an older Zero.

Anyone got any real life experience of the various projects that seem to be around?

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”