xave2000

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 am

hello
i can't start your program
i have a error message

./fruitbox: error while loading shared libraries: libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

my skin is WallJuke and this is my fruitbox.cfg

[general]
SkinName = WallJuke
SkinSize = 1024 768
Database = ../fruitbox.db
MusicPath = /home/pi/Desktop/Music/

i creat a folder in my desktop jessie call Music
and i'v got a mp3 in it
this is 3 days i work on it but impossible to launch the programm
thanks for your help

colinstahl

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:23 pm

mamer999 wrote: Hi Mike,
I'm back again. For a new project, I got a display that uses the driver of Colin's Display (ADS7846, touch via GPIO). --config-buttons does not work with fruitbox 1.12 for me to.

Without --calibrate-touch * GPIO 25 * will be reported on every touch. With --calibrate-touch the Pi hangs up and has to be restarted (fruitbox and fruitbox-1.12-debug-colin-1).

When I use fruitbox-1.11-debug-buttons-1 with calibrate-touch, calibration does not start. Each touch brings back "* GPIO 25 *". fruitbox.dbg then contains "5bb447a85 GPIO EVENT EMIT" for each touch.

If i can help again let me know.

With manually created fruitbox.btn all works well!

Cheers

Jürgen
Hey Guys.
Jürgen, my screen works well with a manually created fruitbox.btn too. Nice and responsive, just had to experiment with the TouchMin and TouchMax to find the right placement of the buttons.

I have another question, just a config thing I'm not sure to handle...
The opening in my jukebox front panel is slightly narrower than my LCD (height is perfect, but it's about 1cm narrower than the display) I'd rather not enlarge the opening, as I just completed the bodywork and paint, so I'd like to narrow the skin slightly to make it completely visible.
So far I've tried changing the SkinSize to 700 480 in the TouchOne skin's fruitbox.cfg, and running fruitbox with the --no-scale argument, and although it narrows and centers the display, the objects are obviously now too large to fit the narrowed display. Just wondering if there is an easy way to squish everything into the narrower display, or if I need to edit the coordinates of each of the objects in the skin individually to fit them into the narrowed area.
I guess I'll probably need to reconfigure the TouchMin and TouchMax x axis settings to move the touch areas to where the objects end up as well.

Thanks guys
You Rock!

shhammer5634

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:46 pm

colinstahl wrote:
I'm back again. For a new project, I got a display that uses the driver of Colin's Display (ADS7846, touch via GPIO). --config-buttons does not work with fruitbox 1.12 for me to.

Without --calibrate-touch * GPIO 25 * will be reported on every touch. With --calibrate-touch the Pi hangs up and has to be restarted (fruitbox and fruitbox-1.12-debug-colin-1).

When I use fruitbox-1.11-debug-buttons-1 with calibrate-touch, calibration does not start. Each touch brings back "* GPIO 25 *". fruitbox.dbg then contains "5bb447a85 GPIO EVENT EMIT" for each touch.

Cheers

Jürgen
Hey Guys.
Jürgen, my screen works well with a manually created fruitbox.btn too. Nice and responsive, just had to experiment with the TouchMin and TouchMax to find the right placement of the buttons.

The opening in my jukebox front panel is slightly narrower than my LCD (height is perfect, but it's about 1cm narrower than the display) I'd rather not enlarge the opening, as I just completed the bodywork and paint, so I'd like to narrow the skin slightly to make it completely visible.
So far I've tried changing the SkinSize to 700 480 in the TouchOne skin's fruitbox.cfg, and running fruitbox with the --no-scale argument, and although it narrows and centers the display, the objects are obviously now too large to fit the narrowed display. Just wondering if there is an easy way to squish everything into the narrower display, or if I need to edit the coordinates of each of the objects in the skin individually to fit them into the narrowed area.
I guess I'll probably need to reconfigure the TouchMin and TouchMax x axis settings to move the touch areas to where the objects end up as well.

Thanks guys
You Rock!
I haven't messed with it using a touch screen, but I had a similar issue with my project. I ended up adjusting my frame buffer size to get things to fit right. I'm not near my Pi at the moment to tell you where to look, but that did the trick for me.

If you want to try, let me know and I'll look for the info tonight.

Cheers,
Steve

colinstahl

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:16 pm

shhammer5634 wrote:
colinstahl wrote:

Cheers

Jürgen
Hey Guys.

Thanks guys
You Rock!
I haven't messed with it using a touch screen, but I had a similar issue with my project. I ended up adjusting my frame buffer size to get things to fit right. I'm not near my Pi at the moment to tell you where to look, but that did the trick for me.

Cheers,
Steve
Hey Steve.
Thanks, any info you can share to help get me on track would be appreciated :)

shhammer5634

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:54 pm

colinstahl wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:16 pm
shhammer5634 wrote:
colinstahl wrote:

Hey Guys.

Thanks guys
You Rock!

Cheers,
Steve
Hey Steve.
Thanks, any info you can share to help get me on track would be appreciated :)
I'm not home yet, so this is from memory.

In the /boot/config.txt file there needs to be entries for FRAMEBUFFER_WIDTH and FRAMEBUFFER_HEIGHT. If those are set to zero or are missing, then those values are define by the operating system. Setting the width to something less than the full width of the screen will pull the image in from the sides. You would just need to do some trial and error to get what you're looking for. I started in 10 pixel increments and then backed off until I got where I wanted.

Hope that helps.
Steve

fruitbox

Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:17 am

xave2000 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 am
hello
i can't start your program
i have a error message

./fruitbox: error while loading shared libraries: libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

my skin is WallJuke and this is my fruitbox.cfg

[general]
SkinName = WallJuke
SkinSize = 1024 768
Database = ../fruitbox.db
MusicPath = /home/pi/Desktop/Music/

i creat a folder in my desktop jessie call Music
and i'v got a mp3 in it
this is 3 days i work on it but impossible to launch the programm
thanks for your help
Hi

Maybe you have Jessie and are using the Stretch version of fruitbox? There is a Jessie version on GitHub.

Cheers

Mike

colinstahl

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:24 pm

<snip>

In the /boot/config.txt file there needs to be entries for FRAMEBUFFER_WIDTH and FRAMEBUFFER_HEIGHT. If those are set to zero or are missing, then those values are define by the operating system. Setting the width to something less than the full width of the screen will pull the image in from the sides. You would just need to do some trial and error to get what you're looking for. I started in 10 pixel increments and then backed off until I got where I wanted.

Hope that helps.
Steve
<snip>

Thanks Steve!!
That worked perfectly. I had to readjust the TouchMin and TouchMax x axis parameters in my fruitbox.btn file to realign the touch areas with the screen once it was narrowed, but the result is exactly what I needed!
Thank you so much! Just need to devise a way to attach the screen on the inside of my jukebox front panel and I can start the reassembly :)

shhammer5634

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:30 pm

colinstahl wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:24 pm
<snip>

Hope that helps.
Steve
<snip>

Thanks Steve!!
That worked perfectly. I had to readjust the TouchMin and TouchMax x axis parameters in my fruitbox.btn file to realign the touch areas with the screen once it was narrowed, but the result is exactly what I needed!
Thank you so much! Just need to devise a way to attach the screen on the inside of my jukebox front panel and I can start the reassembly :)
Excellent. Glad to be of help.

Steve

Ludo80

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Hello, first sorry for my english (i am french). I have a problem with GPIO.
After the configuration of my buttons when I launch fruitbox I have an error.
Help please...

the error message :
[email protected]:~ $ cd rpi-fruitbox-master
[email protected]:~/rpi-fruitbox-master $ ./fruitbox --cfg skins/WallJuke/fruitbox.cfg

fruitbox v1.12.1 (Jun 14 2018, 14:01:18) by Mike Kingsley
A customisable MP3 Retro Jukebox for the Raspberry Pi
Detecting display...1280 x 1024 (60Hz)
Loading button mapping file 'fruitbox.btn'...
ButtonQuit = GPIO 23
ButtonLeft = GPIO 22
ButtonRight = GPIO 17
Button1 = GPIO 20
Button2 = GPIO 19
Button3 = GPIO 13
Button4 = GPIO 12
ButtonA = GPIO 21
ButtonB = GPIO 16
ButtonC = GPIO 26
ButtonD = GPIO 5
ButtonE = GPIO 6
ERROR: gpio mmap error.
Try running fruitbox as sudo (i.e. sudo ./fruitbox --cfg ...)

fruitbox

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Ludo80 wrote:
Help please...

the error message :
[email protected]:~/rpi-fruitbox-master $ ./fruitbox --cfg skins/WallJuke/fruitbox.cfg

ButtonQuit = GPIO 23
ButtonLeft = GPIO 22
ButtonRight = GPIO 17
Button1 = GPIO 20
Button2 = GPIO 19
Button3 = GPIO 13
Button4 = GPIO 12
ButtonA = GPIO 21
ButtonB = GPIO 16
ButtonC = GPIO 26
ButtonD = GPIO 5
ButtonE = GPIO 6
...as the error suggests, try running fruitbox as sudo ...

Code: Select all

sudo ./fruitbox --cfg skins/WallJuke/fruitbox.cfg

tylerdurden21

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:15 pm

markoz72 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 am
I get to this point chmod +x ./fruitbox
And nothing happens after this point am i missing something or typing something wrong
Regards Mark
Mark,

I have a similar issue.

I have run through the installation guide in the ReadMe and get to the chmod +x ./fruitbox.

When I type it in 'chmod +x./fruitbox' I receiver the error message:

"chmod:missing operand after +x./fruitbox
Try ' chmod --help' for mor information

then when I try to run fruitbox by inputting './fruitbox --cfg skins/WallJuke/fruitbox.cfg' I receive the error message: '-bash: ./fruitbox: permission denied

I am using Stretch Lite version 06/27/2018 on a Raspberry Pi 3 logged in as user Pi

As a side note, I tried running as sudo but it says fruitbox command not found.

All of this is run from the rpi-fruitbox-master directory

Any help would be greatly appreciated

shhammer5634

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:41 pm

tylerdurden21 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:15 pm
markoz72 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 am
I get to this point chmod +x ./fruitbox
And nothing happens after this point am i missing something or typing something wrong
Regards Mark
Mark,

I have a similar issue.

I have run through the installation guide in the ReadMe and get to the chmod +x ./fruitbox.

When I type it in 'chmod +x./fruitbox' I receiver the error message:

"chmod:missing operand after +x./fruitbox
Try ' chmod --help' for mor information

then when I try to run fruitbox by inputting './fruitbox --cfg skins/WallJuke/fruitbox.cfg' I receive the error message: '-bash: ./fruitbox: permission denied

I am using Stretch Lite version 06/27/2018 on a Raspberry Pi 3 logged in as user Pi

As a side note, I tried running as sudo but it says fruitbox command not found.

All of this is run from the rpi-fruitbox-master directory

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hi,

I'm not Mark, but I'll throw in my two cents:

When you do the chmod command, there needs to be a space between the +x and the ./fruitbox. If the command completes sucessfully, then nothing happens. There is no response. It will just drop back to a command prompt. If there's an error in the command line, then it will report an error like you are seeing.

You can verify that the command was successful by typing

ls -l ./fruitbox
The response should have an 'x' somewhere on the left side of the line. What you are looking are are Unix style permissions. r = read, w = write, and x = execute. There is room for three sets of permissions. First is the owner of the file, next is for the group or groups assigned to the file, and last is called world. That's everyone else. So somewhere in the line you should see r-x or rwx. Once you see that 'x' in the permissions, you should be able to start up fruitbox. Do use sudo to do that. You'll have fewer issues that way.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Ludo80

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:39 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 pm
Ludo80 wrote:
Help please...

the error message :

ButtonQuit = GPIO 23
ButtonLeft = GPIO 22
ButtonRight = GPIO 17
Button1 = GPIO 20
Button2 = GPIO 19
Button3 = GPIO 13
Button4 = GPIO 12
ButtonA = GPIO 21
ButtonB = GPIO 16
ButtonC = GPIO 26
ButtonD = GPIO 5
ButtonE = GPIO 6
...as the error suggests, try running fruitbox as sudo ...

sudo ./fruitbox --cfg skins/WallJuke/fruitbox.cfg
I am stupid...it’s wrtiting.
Thank you very much.

orbyog

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Hello, I'm new here. Mike great work on Fruit box! and to all that have been helping out here.
A few years ago I made a jukebox from an old wallbox for my fathers birthday using DWJ and now in process of making another so he doesn't have to take it from home to home. I do have a couple questions.
Has anyone gotten Fruit Box to work with Bluetooth speakers? I have the speaker setup and can play audio from other programs but not Fruit Box. Also is .m3u still on the radar?
Rockola2.jpg
Rockola2.jpg (84.53 KiB) Viewed 538 times

General Grunt

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:31 am

EDIT:

Never mind! Got everything working!

My next question is, what keyboard encoder did you use for the buttons? Or rather how would you reccomend/ what would you reccomend for simple button controls? I was thinking a few arcade buttons. How many buttons would you suggest for simple controls?

I know there is a joystick mode, so I was thinking 4 buttons for up down left and right, and a select button.

Let me know what materials you would suggest I get for this, as now I have it working!

EDIT #2

I'm getting an error "Couldn't find device FT5406"

I searched through this thread but I noticed that was an issue with a touch screen and I have no intention of using a touch screen.

How do I rectify this?

General Grunt

Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Update I installed Raspian Stretch Lite, and its still giving me the same error. I ordered the 7" screen and hopefully that will solve it. The software works its just not recognizing my keyboard and I can't configure it to recognize the GPIO pins. Any help would be appreciated.

joaomrocha

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Hello Mike, I installed the Fruit Box and it worked perfectly, but I can not get it started automatically in BOOT, I already tried it by rc.local, init.d, autostart and script in crontab. By Script I was able to start but the keyboard did not work. How to make?

joaomrocha

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Edit: I also tried the .bashrc but it also did not work, p Fruitbox starts but closes next.

karrika

Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:46 am

My fruitbox starts at boot. It is a Pi3 plus 7" touch screen.

At the end of my .bashrc I just added:

cd /home/pi/rpi-fruitbox
sudo ./fruitbox --cfg skins/TouchOne/fruitbox.cfg
And of course I choose automatic log-in at startup from raspi-config so that I don't have to enter a password.

And choose to start with a shell at boot - not a desktop.

What happens if you type these two lines from the terminal? Does fruitbox start up ok?

joaomrocha

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:08 pm

I put the code below and the fruit box starts normally, but the keyboard does not work. Is there any way to force the USB keyboard to boot?

cd /usr/bin
sudo ./lxterminal
cd /home/pi/rpi-fruitbox-master
sudo ./fruitbox --cfg skins/Wurly/fruitbox.cfg

jotemo87

Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi, I'm totally noob with this, is there any guide about how to install physically the raspberry and the buttons? Thank you!

toomanytoyz

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:40 am

Just joined. This will be my first Ras Pi project, I'm more of an Arduino guy. Anyway, I picked this up this afternoon, and thought it would be the perfect basis for a Fruitbox. It's a full size Wurlitzer 1015 replica case with CRT touch screen which was formerly used at Texas Roadhouse (a chain of steak restaurants in the US).
Attachments
Rowe 1015.jpg
Rowe 1015.jpg (81.92 KiB) Viewed 219 times

ScotM

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:27 pm

Been working with this the past few days. Pretty cool stuff. I used to have DWPlayer on an old PC before it crashed. This is great. I found the Wurly today. Awesome!! I noticed it does not have the record scratch and the clunk clunk when the pages turn though. The record mechanism sound would be awesome too. Trying to wrap my head around GPIO pins on the pie. Might be easier to just hack a keyboard like to old days. lol Thanks for all the great work.

Mayki

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi Mike,
I needed to help with the Status Boxes setting. I need to set the output to a txt file, but after finishing the Fruitbox I need to delete that txt file content. Will you help me? Thank you.

Fruitbox.cfg :

[status]
Contents = status4.txt
Output = led.txt
status4.txt :

$IF_SONG_PLAYINGPŘEHRÁVÁM : $NOW_PLAYING_TITLE$END_IF$IF_NOT_SONG_PLAYING** VYBER PÍSEŇ **$END_IF
Here I do not know what to add for deleting TXT content :

$IF_BUTTON_QUIT_PRESSED****$END_IF

shhammer5634

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Mayki wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:12 pm
Hi Mike,
I needed to help with the Status Boxes setting. I need to set the output to a txt file, but after finishing the Fruitbox I need to delete that txt file content. Will you help me? Thank you.

Fruitbox.cfg :

[status]
Contents = status4.txt
Output = led.txt
status4.txt :

$IF_SONG_PLAYINGPŘEHRÁVÁM : $NOW_PLAYING_TITLE$END_IF$IF_NOT_SONG_PLAYING** VYBER PÍSEŇ **$END_IF
Here I do not know what to add for deleting TXT content :

$IF_BUTTON_QUIT_PRESSED****$END_IF
If you are running fruitbox from a bash shell script, after the line in the script you can add:

rm -f [path to led.txt]/led.txt
That will delete the file after you quit fruitbox.

Hope that helps.
Steve

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”