casimir8740
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:44 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:47 pm

sudo apt-get update
After update, don't work

sudo chown gpio /dev/gpiomem
Message:
chown: utilisateur incorrect: « gpio »

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:53 pm

casimir8740 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:47 pm
sudo chown gpio /dev/gpiomem
Message:
chown: utilisateur incorrect: « gpio »
Sorry, try...

Code: Select all

sudo chown root:gpio /dev/gpiomem

casimir8740
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:44 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:59 pm

Code: Select all

sudo chown root:gpio /dev/gpiomem
It's works great. Thanks you very well

Can you explain to me?

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 pm

casimir8740 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:59 pm
Code: Select all

sudo chown root:gpio /dev/gpiomem
It's works great. Thanks you very well

Can you explain to me?
To access the /dev/gpiomem device (the gpio memory), user pi (that's you) needs to be a member of a group which owns the /dev/gpiomem device. For clarity, this group is called gpio. The groups command confirmed that you (user pi) are a member of the gpio group. However, the gpio group for some reason in your case didn't own the /dev/gpiomem device. Normally it does by default (I think), and I don't know why your setup is different. Anyway, the chown command above just makes the gpio group be an owner of /dev/gpiomem.

By the way, previous versions of fruitbox used /dev/mem instead of /dev/gpiomem. /dev/mem is more dangerous to use as it grants access to all of the Pi memory, so you can potentially wreak havoc. That's why it's only possible to access /dev/mem as a superuser (sudo). /dev/gpiomem is a small part of the Pi memory and so is safer to grant access to it for a non-superuser.

Cheers,
Mike

tBall
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:37 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:54 am

Has anyone used PiFmRds with fruit box ? I would like to broadcast the songs to fm radios around the house. Any direction thoughts would be appreciated

Thx

casimir8740
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:44 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Mike,

I tried with a Raspberry Pi4, I get this error message.
Do you know why?

Thank you
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (48.78 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

bfred
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:14 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:06 am

rpi-fruitbox still doesn't run on rpi4. You can check the bug tracker on that specific topic here and more specifically "The Allegro graphics library doesn't work on Pi4 without X11 (desktop), I'm waiting for the Allegro developers to come up with a solution.

I'm waiting too ;-)

BigBoy911
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 16, 2020 11:43 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:31 pm

I have my little touchscreen fruitbox finished but now I have put a few thousand songs on it, the TouchOne skin was great for testing with only a hundred or so. Does anyone have any other touch skins that they can share. I would love something similar to TouchOne but with the ability to skip to different artists alphabetically. Ideally the TouchOne with the alphabet (plus number sign) across the top of the screen.

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:16 pm

BigBoy911 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:31 pm
I have my little touchscreen fruitbox finished but now I have put a few thousand songs on it, the TouchOne skin was great for testing with only a hundred or so. Does anyone have any other touch skins that they can share. I would love something similar to TouchOne but with the ability to skip to different artists alphabetically. Ideally the TouchOne with the alphabet (plus number sign) across the top of the screen.
iOtero created a bunch of touch skins; I was saving them for the v2.00 release but as that's taking so long I'll see if I can add his skins to GitHub in the next day or two...

BigBoy911
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 16, 2020 11:43 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:10 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:16 pm
BigBoy911 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:31 pm
I have my little touchscreen fruitbox finished but now I have put a few thousand songs on it, the TouchOne skin was great for testing with only a hundred or so. Does anyone have any other touch skins that they can share. I would love something similar to TouchOne but with the ability to skip to different artists alphabetically. Ideally the TouchOne with the alphabet (plus number sign) across the top of the screen.
iOtero created a bunch of touch skins; I was saving them for the v2.00 release but as that's taking so long I'll see if I can add his skins to GitHub in the next day or two...
Thanks that would be appreciated.

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:37 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:16 pm
iOtero created a bunch of touch skins; I was saving them for the v2.00 release but as that's taking so long I'll see if I can add his skins to GitHub in the next day or two...
...All of iOtero's Touch skins (and Bill Budenholzer's Christmas Touch skin) are now on GitHub. Thanks guys!

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Mike

artisan232
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:40 am

How do I force fruitbox to run 3.5mm?

artisan232
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:54 am

I just want to force 3.5mm output, I'm completely stumped how this isnt an option in the basic config file for a JUKEBOX.

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:41 am

artisan232 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:54 am
I just want to force 3.5mm output, I'm completely stumped how this isnt an option in the basic config file for a JUKEBOX.
This is an OS not fruitbox config. Just Google "raspberry pi force 3.5mm audio output" ... there are plenty of answers.

artisan232
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:51 am

I can't find anything on how to get the FRUITBOX SD IMAGE to run 3.5mm audio output. I've used the console to force 3.5mm through raspiconfig and ive tried using amixer cset numid=3 1.

So apart from saying google it, does anyone know how to make it run through the 3.5mm audio output?

User avatar
karrika
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:21 am
Location: Finland

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:43 am

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -config.md

Look through your config. If there is hdmi_drive = 2 then you are forcing the sound to HDMI.

I am frequently using both HDMI and analog audio in my RetroPie setup.

When I plug in the HDMI cable the sound switches to HDMI and when I boot it without the HDMI cable the sound and video goes to analog monitor and 3.5mm socket.

artisan232
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am

karrika wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:43 am
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -config.md

Look through your config. If there is hdmi_drive = 2 then you are forcing the sound to HDMI.

I am frequently using both HDMI and analog audio in my RetroPie setup.

When I plug in the HDMI cable the sound switches to HDMI and when I boot it without the HDMI cable the sound and video goes to analog monitor and 3.5mm socket.
Is it possible to edit that config in windows?

User avatar
karrika
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:21 am
Location: Finland

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:05 pm

I am not a Windows user. If you insert the SD card there should be a /boot partition that contains config.txt. You need to edit it as an administrator as it is owned by "root".

jazzvivi
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:15 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:45 am

Hello, I am looking for the cheapest board in which fruitbox works, I was thinking of an orange Pi Zero LTS 512MB H2 + Quad Core. do you know if it would work? It is to restore a piooner jukebox that worked with laserdisc. Another doubt that arises to me is if the skin could be modified to use the keypad of the machine that only includes the numbers 1-9 there are no letters ...

User avatar
karrika
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:21 am
Location: Finland

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:35 pm

jazzvivi wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:45 am
Hello, I am looking for the cheapest board in which fruitbox works, I was thinking of an orange Pi Zero LTS 512MB H2 + Quad Core. do you know if it would work? It is to restore a piooner jukebox that worked with laserdisc. Another doubt that arises to me is if the skin could be modified to use the keypad of the machine that only includes the numbers 1-9 there are no letters ...
The cheapest one that is ok is Pi 3A (£23.40). It is the small board with just one USB port. You can run ogg video skins like MikeTV on it if the videos are scaled down with ffmpeg.

All the slower Pi's are sluggish when browsing titles - I would not use them here. I have no experience in non-Raspberry Pi clones.

You can modify any skin to accept keys 1..9 by editing the fruitbox.cfg file. But you may need to edit the buttons to reflect the changes. There is skins that have numbers only. Like MikeTV, WurlySmall.

casimir8740
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:44 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:04 am

My project is well advanced. with your help. I would like to evoke a personal concern which I hope will find a solution.

I put in my wallbox a raspberry and a power supply, I recover the existing buttons and put them as inputs on the GPIO: everything works perfectly.

https://we.tl/t-BoTrF7inC8

I was thinking of putting a screen in place of the label holder but I would have liked to keep the originality of the wallbox.

My concern is that there are already numbers and that on each page the numbers change.

https://we.tl/t-QzOO6hUHbz

Is it possible on modern skins for example, to have a single page with 78 double labels and put the numbers that correspond to my original?

I hope to be clear about my need, if I have to modify things, I know nothing about programming but I can do things if I am guided.

Thank you all for your help, I hope that what I want to achieve is possible.

tBall
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:37 am

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 am

fruitbox wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:33 pm
casimir8740 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:16 pm

Fruitbox binds but I can only get the sound on HDMI, no longer on bluetooth: is it sudo that does this and if so how can I get around it?

Thank you

PS: if I remove sudo, everything works fine with my bluetooth
Hi

Not sure if it's sudo which is causing the problem, but I'll try and release a beta intermediate version (I.e. before the next big release v2.00) which doesn't need it, for you to try.

Which OS version are you using ? (Buster or Stretch)

Cheers
Mike
I am having similar issue with only getting audio out of hdmi I would like to try the beta version if that’s possible. I am still playing with build
Thx
tBall

User avatar
fruitbox
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:04 am

tBall wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 am


I am having similar issue with only getting audio out of hdmi I would like to try the beta version if that’s possible. I am still playing with build
Thx
tBall
...just download the latest executable from GitHub, it should be v1.16b. That can be run without sudo

Cheers
Mike

vasigias
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Hi i wonder if is impossible to select playlist category(rock, bluze,pop,jaz...) when the jukebox raspberry pi start?

vasigias
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:28 am

i find the solution for category select in page 21 on this topik thanks !
Hi Jon,

You could always run fruitbox with the --choose-cfg option...
Code: Select all

sudo ./fruitbox --choose-cfg genres.txt
Before that, create a file called "genres.txt" which has a list of skin config files in (see skins.txt as an example).

But in your case, you will just have the same skin, but with different cfg files, each pointing to a different database. Choose the skin you want, and then copy the fruitbox.cfg file as many times as you want (in the same directory), renaming each copy to anything you like. Then add these new files as "File = <name>" entries in the genres.txt file, so that you can choose whatever one you want when fruitbox starts up.

You will need to edit each new cfg file you copy, though...change the DataBase, MusicPath, SkinName and SkinDescription entries to appropriate values, and then all the cfg files you create will be unique :)

So when you start up fruitbox, the skin choose menu will allow you to choose whatever genre / style you like, without having to copy / delete music and databases.

Cheers,
Mike

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”