PittStone

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:49 am

One Question about the Status Bitmaps!

How works the 'BitmapDirectory'?
What i have to put in the fruitbox.cfg?
Should i have a new folder called 'BitmapDirectory' in the skin folder?
Please help.

shhammer5634

Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:12 am

fruitbox wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:31 am
shhammer5634 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:22 pm
shhammer5634 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 pm
Hi Mike,

I've finally gotten back to working on my touchscreen jukebox and I'm having trouble getting the chooser to work. I have two working skins, one for a regular jukebox and one for albums. I've defined the path to each in the skins.txt file, and I'm starting fruitbox with --choose-cfg skins.txt.

The chooser comes up, but I'm not able to cycle the skins by touching the arrows on the screen. I've confirmed that I have buttonleft and buttonright defined as touch in the fruitbox.btn file. And those touches work on both my skins.

As a test, I renamed the fruitbox.btn file and tested with the keyboard. That worked. So I'm guessing I'm missing something in my touch configuration.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Steve
Some additional info: I've set the rPi up to boot to the CLI. I've set up the mount for the flash drive, and I've set up the auto start on boot and start to the chooser. I disconnected the keyboard just in case that might have been interfering and booted. Fruitbox came up with the chooser active, but the touch screen was unresponsive. Starting directly to a specific skin, the touchscreen works fine. At this point I'm stuck. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Hi Steve

Maybe it's a bug... I tested it with the official 7" touch screen and it works ok. Could you post your fruitbox.btn file and also the output of evtest when selecting the touchscreen please?

Cheers
Mike
Hi Mike,

fruitbox.btn:

Code: Select all

# fruitbox v1.14 button mapping file
# Missing buttons will assume their default values (see user guide)

TouchMin         = 96 28
TouchMax         = 4072 4144

ButtonVol+       = Touch
ButtonVol-       = Touch
ButtonSkip       = Touch
ButtonLeft       = Touch
ButtonRight      = Touch
ButtonLeftAlpha  = Touch
ButtonRightAlpha = Touch
ButtonPowerOff   = Touch
Output of evtest:

Input driver version is 1.0.1
Input device ID: bus 0x3 vendor 0x3eb product 0x212c version 0x111
Input device name: "Atmel maXTouch Digitizer+Mouse"
Supported events:
  Event type 0 (EV_SYN)
  Event type 1 (EV_KEY)
    Event code 330 (BTN_TOUCH)
  Event type 3 (EV_ABS)
    Event code 0 (ABS_X)
      Value   2841
      Min        0
      Max     4095
      Resolution      12
    Event code 1 (ABS_Y)
      Value   4095
      Min        0
      Max     4095
      Resolution      21
    Event code 47 (ABS_MT_SLOT)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max        4
    Event code 53 (ABS_MT_POSITION_X)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max     4095
      Resolution      12
    Event code 54 (ABS_MT_POSITION_Y)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max     4095
      Resolution      21
    Event code 57 (ABS_MT_TRACKING_ID)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max    65535
Properties:
  Property type 1 (INPUT_PROP_DIRECT)
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)
When starting evtest, it shows 3 devices. Device 0 and device 2 are the same, but device 0 doesn't do anything. If I select it and try touching the screen there's no output. Device 2 outputs all sorts of information when I touch the screen. The other device listed is my logitech keyboard/touch pad combo.

The touch screen is a Toshiba 6149 which is a 15.6 inch 16:9 10 touch capacitive touchscreen made for POS systems. (Bought it new on ebay for less than they cost our customers.) I believe the touch system is actually an ELO Touch. I actually work with and on these and that's what the documentation says.

Now that I look at this maybe I need to specify the Amtel device in the startup? But how would I specify device 2?

I appreciate you looking into this.

Cheers,
Steve

mamer999

Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:40 am

Hi Steve,

some time ago I had the same problem with another touch screen and evtest. I found the solution here:

https://www.jensd.de/wordpress/?p=845

(see my Post from Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:48 pm)

Cheers
Jürgen

fruitbox

Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:25 am

PittStone wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:49 am
One Question about the Status Bitmaps!

How works the 'BitmapDirectory'?
What i have to put in the fruitbox.cfg?
Should i have a new folder called 'BitmapDirectory' in the skin folder?
Please help.
Hi

Instead of a [status] object having lots of Bitmap = (file) entries, you can use the BitmapDirectory = (directory) instead. Then whenever fruitbox draws a bitmap when it executes the $DRAW_BITMAP variable, it will pick the next bitmap (alphabetically) from that directory. You can also use the $DRAW_RANDOM_BITMAP to pick a bitmap randomly from the directory. This is useful if you want a slideshow type display, or have loads of bitmaps which you don't want to individually specify.

Cheers
Mike

shhammer5634

Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:47 pm

mamer999 wrote:
Hi Steve,

some time ago I had the same problem with another touch screen and evtest. I found the solution here:

Cheers
Jürgen
Thanks Jurgen, I'll take a look.

Cheers
Steve

shhammer5634

Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:13 pm

shhammer5634 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:47 pm
mamer999 wrote:
Hi Steve,

Cheers
Jürgen
Thanks Jurgen, I'll take a look.

Cheers
Steve
Hi Jurgen,

I looked at and tried your post. Very insightful. Unfortunately it didn't make a difference. The chooser doesn't work, but one in the skin the touch screen works fine. Perhaps Mike will see something in the code.

Cheers,
Steve

lamers_united

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:44 pm

mamer999 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:07 am
Hi Mike,

I hope everything is okay. Unfortunately I have to bother you again. I bought a new touch screen for a new fruitbox project,
(Waveshare Raspberry Pi 10.1inch HDMI LCD 1024x600 Capacitive Touch Screen). Is detected by evtest and works perfectly with the PI, but unfortunately not with fruitbox. Touch is not recognized at all! Output from evtest:

(Removed by lamers_united for readabilty)

Cheers

Jürgen
Hey Jürgen,

I am stuck with the exact same Model on a RasPi 3. Though, stuck in a different way. My Waveshare works out of the box, unfortunately the TouchOne-Skin (to my limited understanding the only default skin working with touch screens), is optimized for the 7" RasPi Screen. Hence most Buttons pressed, don't give feedback, as the Template of the Skin is using a 800x400 resolution and button spaces in odd places.

I guess I need to do some changes in the skins fruitbox.cfg. Would you be able to give a lead there or maybe share your cfg with me, IF you should be using that skin. Well, ANY skin would be fine, to be honest. I just need this on a short notice, as this is supposed to go live in an exhibition in 3 days and I lack the time for thorough template building.

Would be awesome, if you are able to give me a hand there or point me to a resource.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

PittStone

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Im making new Skins for my Fruitbox! :D

Here is a Preview of my CD Player 2000 (v1.0). For my Songs of the Year 2000.
AutoPlayGap = 00 for Play Songs in Random immediately, if i not Select for Playlist.

https://youtu.be/thAUa9iksdg

Little Update:
- Now with Cover Artwork
- Elapsed Bar
- Bigger Upcoming Window

Last edited by PittStone on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PittStone

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:49 am

Question!
I will use a

[sounds]
LoadSong = 100 discmove.wav

for the wurly skin. But if i add this in the .cfg no sound is playing on Loading Song.
After i make the loadsong and unloadsong video with audio its lagging and sometimes hang up.
Is this a Performance Problem of Raspberry or the Software?
Any Help?

mamer999

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:10 am

lamers_united wrote:
mamer999 wrote:
Hi Mike,

I hope everything is okay. Unfortunately I have to bother you again. I bought a new touch screen for a new fruitbox project,
(Waveshare Raspberry Pi 10.1inch HDMI LCD 1024x600 Capacitive Touch Screen). Is detected by evtest and works perfectly with the PI, but unfortunately not with fruitbox. Touch is not recognized at all! Output from evtest:

Cheers

Jürgen
Hey Jürgen,

I am stuck with the exact same Model on a RasPi 3. Though, stuck in a different way. My Waveshare works out of the box, unfortunately the TouchOne-Skin (to my limited understanding the only default skin working with touch screens), is optimized for the 7" RasPi Screen. Hence most Buttons pressed, don't give feedback, as the Template of the Skin is using a 800x400 resolution and button spaces in odd places.

I guess I need to do some changes in the skins fruitbox.cfg. Would you be able to give a lead there or maybe share your cfg with me, IF you should be using that skin. Well, ANY skin would be fine, to be honest. I just need this on a short notice, as this is supposed to go live in an exhibition in 3 days and I lack the time for thorough template building.

Would be awesome, if you are able to give me a hand there or point me to a resource.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
Hi Stefan,

I'm afraid the skin for this touchscreen is gone. The touch screen was not suitable for fruitbox.
But I still have some skins for similar resolutions at home. I can give you some examples tonight,
At the moment I am in the office.

Cheers
Jürgen

mamer999

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:07 pm

mamer999 wrote:
lamers_united wrote:
mamer999 wrote:
Hi Mike,

Cheers

Jürgen
Hey Jürgen,

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
Hi Stefan,

I'm afraid the skin for this touchscreen is gone. The touch screen was not suitable for fruitbox.
But I still have some skins for similar resolutions at home. I can give you some examples tonight,

Cheers
Jürgen
Hi Stefan,

Unfortunately, I can not find a suitable skin at the moment. But it's not really a problem, you can easily use TouchOne. You only need to call fruitbox once with the parameters --config-buttons --calibrate-touch
(as sudo!), then the touchpoints are adapted to the current resolution!

Cheers
Jürgen

GillBates

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Hello everybody,
I have a fruitbox (TouchOne) ready configured.
Is there a possibility that songs can not be selected twice?
I need your help.

Alex

PittStone

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi, i need help with the "elapsed_bar.png" for NowPlayingElapsedTime.

How can i make the bar Vertical?
I Tested " VertScaleMode = Stretched"

But not working.

fruitbox

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:15 pm

PittStone wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:26 pm
Hi, i need help with the "elapsed_bar.png" for NowPlayingElapsedTime.

How can i make the bar Vertical?
I Tested " VertScaleMode = Stretched"

But not working.
Did you specify VertScale = (mode). Or maybe specify Angle = 90 in the [bitmap] object may work?

...see volume indicator in the TouchOne skin (line 93 of fruitbox.cfg) for an example.

Mike

PittStone

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:48 am

Im making new Skins for my Fruitbox! :D

Here is a Preview of my Minimal (v1.0) Skin. For my Songs of the Year 2010.
AutoPlayGap = 00 for Play Songs in Random immediately, if i not Select for Playlist.

https://youtu.be/RDg8OLWqyvk

GillBates

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:01 am

Hello everybody,
I have a fruitbox (TouchOne) ready configured with a touchscreen.
Is there a possibility that songs can not be selected multiple times?
I need your help.

Greetings Alex
(Sorry my english is not so good, my german even better ;) )

shhammer5634

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:54 am

GillBates wrote:
Hello everybody,
I need your help.

Greetings Alex
Hello Alex,
Yes it is possible. You do have to have the latest version of Fruitbox which I believe as of the time of this post is 1.15

In the fruitbox.cfg file for your TouchOne skin, add the following line at the end of the general section:

NoDuplicates = 1
If the song has already been selected but not yet played then the song will not be selected again. Once the song has been played then it can be selected again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve

GillBates

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 pm

shhammer5634 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:54 am
GillBates wrote:
Hello everybody,
I need your help.

Greetings Alex
Hello Alex,
Yes it is possible. You do have to have the latest version of Fruitbox which I believe as of the time of this post is 1.15

In the fruitbox.cfg file for your TouchOne skin, add the following line at the end of the general section:

NoDuplicates = 1
If the song has already been selected but not yet played then the song will not be selected again. Once the song has been played then it can be selected again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve,
many thanks for your response.
I have implemented it right away, it works wonderfully.
Does the whole work somehow for already played songs?
But my main problem is resolved.
Thanks for your support

Cheers, Alex

shhammer5634

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi Steve,
many thanks for your response.
I have implemented it right away, it works wonderfully.
Does the whole work somehow for already played songs?
But my main problem is resolved.
Thanks for your support

Cheers, Alex
Hi Alex,

Only selecting the song once the whole time Fruitbox is running? Not that I know of. The NoDuplicates feature is something I asked Mike for quite some time ago, which he was kind enough to include in this release. The touchscreen I am using is not very responsive and sometimes creates multiple touches with just one touch. It was a way to make sure I only selected the song once instead of 3 or 4 times in a row.

NoDuplicates is the way older mechanical jukeboxes actually worked. They would take your money and allow you to make the selection even if the song had already been selected. But it would only play the song one time. A way for the jukebox operators to make some free money and save wear and tear on their equipment.

Glad it worked for you.

Cheers,
Steve

rpdom

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:13 pm

shhammer5634 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:03 pm
NoDuplicates is the way older mechanical jukeboxes actually worked. They would take your money and allow you to make the selection even if the song had already been selected. But it would only play the song one time. A way for the jukebox operators to make some free money and save wear and tear on their equipment.
The juke in my local pub back in the early 1990s used to have two options. 3 plays for 50p (£0.50) or 7 plays for a pound (£1.00). But we found that if you put 3x50p in before selecting anything (£1.50) it would give you 150 plays :-)

shhammer5634

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:20 pm

The juke in my local pub back in the early 1990s used to have two options. 3 plays for 50p (£0.50) or 7 plays for a pound (£1.00). But we found that if you put 3x50p in before selecting anything (£1.50) it would give you 150 plays :-)
Wonder if the operator ever figured out he was losing money :lol: Great bit of detective work. ;)

rpdom

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:04 pm

shhammer5634 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:20 pm
Wonder if the operator ever figured out he was losing money :lol: Great bit of detective work. ;)
Actually it was the pub landlord who told us. It was supposed to be a secret so that he could put on an evening of music for minimal cost when he wanted to, but he figured that we liked listening to music and drinking his beer and eating his food, so letting us know that "trick" meant he didn't even have to fork out the £1.50 himself and he made lots of profit. :)

lamers_united

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:02 pm

mamer999 wrote:
mamer999 wrote:
lamers_united wrote:

Hey Jürgen,

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
Hi Stefan,

Cheers
Jürgen
Hi Stefan,

Unfortunately, I can not find a suitable skin at the moment. But it's not really a problem, you can easily use TouchOne. You only need to call fruitbox once with the parameters --config-buttons --calibrate-touch

Cheers
Jürgen
Hey Jürgen,

thanks for popping by and explaining. However, I was not able to make it work with your directions, which is a petty as I liked the overall layout of fruitbox's skins. I used Volumio in the end, as time was running out and I had to ship something.

Still, thanks for being so helpful and showing me how to do it. I guess, it's a either a firmware issue on the Pi or the Screen I bought. Who knows...

Have a pleasant evening,
Stefan

mamer999

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:59 am

lamers_united wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:02 pm
mamer999 wrote:
mamer999 wrote:

Hi Stefan,

Cheers
Jürgen
Hi Stefan,

Cheers
Jürgen
Hey Jürgen,

thanks for popping by and explaining. However, I was not able to make it work with your directions, which is a petty as I liked the overall layout of fruitbox's skins. I used Volumio in the end, as time was running out and I had to ship something.

Still, thanks for being so helpful and showing me how to do it. I guess, it's a either a firmware issue on the Pi or the Screen I bought. Who knows...

Have a pleasant evening,
Stefan
Hello Stefan,

pity you did not manage it. However, I do not think that it lies on the Pi. I have given up using the touch function with this screen. It works
neither on the Pi (not even with graphical user interface) nor under Windows. On the Pi I have no problems with 5 other, different touchscreens.

Cheers and all the best for your exhibition
Jürgen

willbuden

Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Finally got fruitbox working with the Official Raspberry Pi Touchscreen. It took me a few days of reading through this discussion to understand that you have to run

./fruitbox --config-buttons
to transfer control of the buttons on the keyboard to the buttons on the screen. You have to actually touch the screen (anywhere) for each button that will appear on the screen. Now, I've got it and really love this app.

The only other issue is that I could not get my Logitech K830 wireless keyboard to work with it. The K830 has a USB dongle that works with the keyboard. The K830 works fine in the Raspbian Lite shell and with Full Raspian.

I've been looking for an app like this for 20 years. Yes, really! I never found anything that did such a great job of emulating a real jukebox.

Another thing, aside from the notes above, this is the ONLY Linux program that installed and ran the first time (in my experience). I usually have to find some missing dependency and install it only to find the dependency needs a dependency.

Thank you for all your hard work. This is a truly welcome and fun app. AWESOME!

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”