karrika

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

rubenp wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:02 pm
Hi Karrika,

looks like you already got further than i could, mine does compile but only with the original MakeFile. Could you share your version of the makefile?
Sure.

Code: Select all

CPP         = g++
CFLAGS      = -O2 -std=c++14 -D_RPI
INC         = -I/opt/vc/include
DEPS        = fruitbox.hpp fruitbox_types.hpp pages.hpp status.hpp playqueue.hpp audio.hpp config.hpp config_base.hpp database.hpp display.hpp \
              engine.hpp fruitbox_logo.hpp info_bkgnd.hpp chooser_arrow.hpp info_font.hpp status_events.hpp userguide.hpp bitmap.hpp joystick.hpp \
              display_base.hpp input.hpp gpio.hpp
OBJ         = fruitbox.o playqueue.o audio.o config.o database.o display.o engine.o pages.o status.o userguide.o bitmap.o joystick.o input.o gpio.o
LIBS        = \
	-lmpg123 \
	-lallegro -lallegro_memfile -lallegro_font -lallegro_ttf -lallegro_primitives \
	-lallegro_image -lallegro_audio -lallegro_acodec -lallegro_video \
	-lm -ldl -L/opt/vc/lib/ -lpthread

%.o: %.cpp $(DEPS)
	$(CPP) -c -o [email protected] $< $(CFLAGS) $(INC)

# ./fruitbox: $(OBJ)
../fruitbox: $(OBJ)
	$(CPP) -Wall -o [email protected] $^ $(CFLAGS) $(LIBS) `pkg-config --libs`

.PHONY: clean
clean:
	rm -f *.o
	rm -f ../fruitbox
	touch Makefile
	touch *.?pp
I also edited away one conflicted line in gpio.cpp:
The value 0x7E000000 + 0x200000 is just arbitrary. I have absolutely no clue of where the GPIO pins sit in a Pi4. So this is WRONG. But as I am not using any GPIO pins for anything I just put in some guess.

void GpioClass::OpenDevice(void)
{
  #ifdef _RPI
  uint32_t mem_fd;
  void *reg_map;

if (gpio_base != nullptr) return; // already opened

// /dev/mem is a psuedo-driver for accessing memory in the Linux filesystem

if ((mem_fd = open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR|O_SYNC) ) < 0)
  {
    error("can't open /dev/mem");
  }
  reg_map = mmap
  (
    NULL,                                        // Address at which to start local mapping (null means don't-care)
    BLOCK_SIZE,                                  // Size of mapped memory block
    PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,                        // Enable both reading and writing to the mapped memory
    MAP_SHARED,                                  // This program does not have exclusive access to this memory
    mem_fd,                                      // Map to /dev/mem
    0x7E000000 + 0x200000 // Offset to GPIO peripheral
  );

if (reg_map == MAP_FAILED)
  {
    close(mem_fd);
    error("gpio mmap error.\nTry running fruitbox as sudo (i.e. sudo ./fruitbox --cfg ...)");
  }

gpio_base = (volatile uint32_t *)reg_map;

// first save the state of the GPIO registers so they can be restored later...
  for (uint32_t r=0; r<6; ++r)
  {
    gpio_regs.gpfsel[r] = GPFSEL[r];
  }
  // gpio_regs.gpren[0] = GPREN[0];
  // gpio_regs.gpren[1] = GPREN[1];
  // gpio_regs.gpfen[0] = GPFEN[0];
  // gpio_regs.gpfen[1] = GPFEN[1];
  gpio_regs.saved = true;

cout << NOTE << "Opened GPIO" << endl;
  #endif
}

fruitbox

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Just ordered myself a Pi4, so will be looking into fixing the Pi4 build soon :)

fruitbox

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi,

fruitbox v1.15 is now released!

This is the "don't get too excited version", as it only includes minor enhancements and bug fixes. I wanted to get these out of the way before doing any significant changes, and trying to get the Pi4 version working.

Bug-fixes...
  • Fixed input button masking (32-bit to 64-bit to capture all buttons)
  • Fixed album mode Select key combination calculation
  • Identical USB Joystick controllers now treated separately (requires re-run of button config as button codes have been extended)
  • Mouse buttons now correctly identified
  • Correctly initialised/reset Time-remaining value for status HorzScale and VertScale (which means time-elapsed stretched bitmaps correctly disappear when no song playing)
Ease of use improvements...
  • Reduced reliance on console output:
    • Errors now displayed in graphical box
    • Console output now sent to fruitbox.log
    • --user-guide command line option now writes the guide to the file "userguide.txt" rather than the console
  • Added auto database update
    • Added new command line option --no-database-update
Added new skin config parameters...
  • [general] NoDuplicates
  • [general] DuplicatesUseCredits
  • [status] TimerOneShot
  • [status] TimerEnable
Added new status variables...
  • $IF_DUPLICATE_CHOICE
  • $IF_NOT_DUPLICATE_CHOICE
  • $IF_ANY_BUTTON_PRESSED
  • $IF_NOT_ANY_BUTTON_PRESSED
  • $STOP_TIMER
  • $START_TIMER
  • $RESET_TIMER

If you are upgrading from a previous version, you can just grab fruitbox directly by typing the following commands from the rpi-fruitbox-master directory...

mv ./fruitbox ./fruitbox_prev
wget https://github.com/chundermike/rpi-fruitbox/raw/master/fruitbox
chmod +x ./fruitbox
Please note that if you have mapped USB joysticks / controllers to your buttons, then you will need to reconfigure your inputs again using the --configure-buttons command line option due to the changes to the USB controller input codes.

Cheers,
Mike

Sully75

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:40 am

Hi,

Loving Fruitbox so far and Kudos to Mike for the time and effort put into it. Can't wait to get it into its dedicated cabinet.

Having trouble configuring a touchscreen as the input. I'm newish to Linux and can generally work my way through most things, but this has me stumped.

So far worked out how to get the button config but how do I apply it to the TouchOne skin?

The Touchscreen is a USB overlay and according to evtest it's called CVTOUCH SCREEN

Sorry for the dumb question...

Cheers

Sully.

fruitbox

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:46 am

Sully75 wrote:
Hi,

Loving Fruitbox so far and Kudos to Mike for the time and effort put into it. Can't wait to get it into its dedicated cabinet.

Having trouble configuring a touchscreen as the input. I'm newish to Linux and can generally work my way through most things, but this has me stumped.

So far worked out how to get the button config but how do I apply it to the TouchOne skin?

The Touchscreen is a USB overlay and according to evtest it's called CVTOUCH SCREEN

Cheers

Sully.
Hi Sully

Can you post your fruitbox.btn file please? Also if you're using the latest version 1.15 can you post the fruitbox.log file too?

Did you also use the --calibrate-touch command line option when configuring the buttons (if not then it might be worth a try). Failing that, could you capture and post the output of evtest after selecting the touch device and pressing the top left and then bottom right corners of the screen please?

Cheers
Mike

Sully75

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:20 am

fruitbox wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:46 am
Sully75 wrote:
Hi,

Cheers

Sully.
Hi Sully

Can you post your fruitbox.btn file please? Also if you're using the latest version 1.15 can you post the fruitbox.log file too?

Did you also use the --calibrate-touch command line option when configuring the buttons (if not then it might be worth a try). Failing that, could you capture and post the output of evtest after selecting the touch device and pressing the top left and then bottom right corners of the screen please?

Cheers
Mike
Hey Mike,

thanks for the reply.

Sorry I am a bit noob to all things Linux. So far ave done a fresh install and it all is working using the keyboard to make selections etc. What are the next steps to setting up the touchscreen - so to speak. I have worked out how to do button config, but the rest is jibberish to me.

Basically an Idiots guide I guess...

Cheers again.

fruitbox

Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:29 pm

Sully75 wrote:

Hey Mike,

thanks for the reply.

Sorry I am a bit noob to all things Linux. So far ave done a fresh install and it all is working using the keyboard to make selections etc. What are the next steps to setting up the touchscreen - so to speak. I have worked out how to do button config, but the rest is jibberish to me.

Cheers again.
Hi Sully

run the following command and follow the instructions, and see if that helps...

sudo ./fruitbox --config-buttons --calibrate-touch 
Cheers
Mike

Sully75

Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:18 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:29 pm
Sully75 wrote:

Hey Mike,

thanks for the reply.

Cheers again.
Hi Sully

run the following command and follow the instructions, and see if that helps...

sudo ./fruitbox --config-buttons --calibrate-touch 
Cheers
Mike
Ah, ok... Got it going 👍

Didn't have --calibrate-touch

Newbie error 😏

Cheers for that Mike, greatly appreciated!

DA313

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Mike,

Version 1.5's auto database update works great... but only if I run the WallJuke skin first. My jukebox runs the WallSmall skin. (And I'm building a second one as a touchscreen.)

Help! Am I making a goof?
"From this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety." (Shakespeare, Henry IV)

fruitbox

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:37 am

DA313 wrote:
Mike,

Version 1.5's auto database update works great... but only if I run the WallJuke skin first. My jukebox runs the WallSmall skin. (And I'm building a second one as a touchscreen.)

Hi

Are the WallSmall and WallJuke skins using the same database files and music path(s)? What are the date / timestamps on the database files and music paths? (Tip...do a ls-al on the files/directories)

Cheers
Mike

Sully75

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:37 am

A little happy dance today...

https://youtu.be/cS04MPZVrq4

Still need to work out how to hide the login prompts. Apart from that works perfectly!

Cheers to Mike for your help!

DA313

Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:19 pm

fruitbox wrote:
DA313 wrote:
Mike,

Hi

Are the WallSmall and WallJuke skins using the same database files and music path(s)? What are the date / timestamps on the database files and music paths? (Tip...do a ls-al on the files/directories)

Cheers
Mike
OK, so one problem solved, the skins referred to different music paths....

Let me tell you the result of my ls -al...

I'm running two different USB drives for my experiment, let's call them Country and Christmas (I'll spare you the gory details). Country has ls -al dates of Jul 25-Nov 2 20:57, Christmas with dates of Nov 1. I just physically replaced Christmas with Country. Fruitbox doesn't see I've updated my Country with new albums nor does it notice I've changed USBs. I am expecting too much from Fruitbox at this point? That's not meant meanly, I just want to understand how Fruitbox "thinks" before I spend some more money to make a jukebox for someone who is not even tech savvy, much less Linux savvy. My goal is to make a Fruitbox you can plug in a different USB at startup, and Fruitbox recognize it doesn't match the current database.

As always, you've done a great job on this!
"From this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety." (Shakespeare, Henry IV)

shhammer5634

Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:33 pm

DA313 wrote:
fruitbox wrote:
DA313 wrote:
Mike,

Hi

Cheers
Mike

I'm running two different USB drives for my experiment, let's call them Country and Christmas (I'll spare you the gory details). Country has ls -al dates of Jul 25-Nov 2 20:57, Christmas with dates of Nov 1. I just physically replaced Christmas with Country. Fruitbox doesn't see I've updated my Country with new albums nor does it notice I've changed USBs. I am expecting too much from Fruitbox at this point? That's not meant meanly, I just want to understand how Fruitbox "thinks" before I spend some more money to make a jukebox for someone who is not even tech savvy, much less Linux savvy. My goal is to make a Fruitbox you can plug in a different USB at startup, and Fruitbox recognize it doesn't match the current database.

I'm assuming you changed the USB drives while the rPi was on and fruitbox was running?

From a Linux standpoint when running in command-line mode, all the fancy plug and play stuff is usually off. That means it's up to you to unmount and remount the drives as you remove and reinsert them.

I'm also assuming that Mike's software only scans the drives/databases at startup and wouldn't necessarily recognize that they've been changed while fruitbox is active. Mike, feel free to blow my assumptions out of the water here.

I would expect the best course of action would be to require users to change music sources while the jukebox is off.

Cheers,
Steve

DA313

Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:38 pm

shhammer5634 wrote:
DA313 wrote:
fruitbox wrote:

Hi

Cheers
Mike

I'm assuming you changed the USB drives while the rPi was on and fruitbox was running?

From a Linux standpoint when running in command-line mode, all the fancy plug and play stuff is usually off. That means it's up to you to unmount and remount the drives as you remove and reinsert them.

I'm also assuming that Mike's software only scans the drives/databases at startup and wouldn't necessarily recognize that they've been changed while fruitbox is active. Mike, feel free to blow my assumptions out of the water here.

I would expect the best course of action would be to require users to change music sources while the jukebox is off.

Cheers,
Steve
Great thought, but no, I rebooted after every change.

shhammer5634

Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:41 pm

DA313 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:38 pm
shhammer5634 wrote:
DA313 wrote:

Cheers,
Steve
Great thought, but no, I rebooted after every change.
Ok. Well you know what happens when assumptions are made. :D Hope you get things resolved. It's great software for sure.

fruitbox

Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:23 pm

shhammer5634 wrote:

Ok. Well you know what happens when assumptions are made. :D Hope you get things resolved. It's great software for sure.
Hi

Yes that's correct... fruitbox only checks the database when it starts up. To make the musicpath and database pairing more robust, I would store the database on the USB stick itself, where the actual music files are stored (i.e. specify the Database value the same as the MusicPath value). Then when you change USB sticks, you also change databases, and the timestamp comparison should work ok.

Cheers
Mike

DA313

Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:01 am

fruitbox wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:23 pm
shhammer5634 wrote:

Hi

Yes that's correct... fruitbox only checks the database when it starts up. To make the musicpath and database pairing more robust, I would store the database on the USB stick itself, where the actual music files are stored (i.e. specify the Database value the same as the MusicPath value). Then when you change USB sticks, you also change databases, and the timestamp comparison should work ok.

Cheers
Mike
But of course, such a simple solution!!!! Why didn't I think of that?!?!? You're my hero!!! I'll try that.

fruitbox

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:40 am

Something like...

MusicPath = /mnt/usb
Database = /mnt/usb/fruitbox.db

...and remember you can always use the --music-path and --database command line options to override the settings in the skin config files.

DA313

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:19 am

fruitbox wrote:
Something like...

MusicPath = /mnt/usb

...and remember you can always use the --music-path and --database command line options to override the settings in the skin config files.
I tried moving the fruitbox.db file to my USB but I got all kinds of grief from that. Is there a way to get it to generate that file to a specific location other than where it goes now?

fruitbox

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:09 am

DA313 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:19 am
fruitbox wrote:
Something like...

MusicPath = /mnt/usb

I tried moving the fruitbox.db file to my USB but I got all kinds of grief from that. Is there a way to get it to generate that file to a specific location other than where it goes now?
Yes, just prefix the filename with the path. Note also it doesn't need to be called fruitbox.db, so your different databases can have different names rather than be stored in different places.

I'm interested in why the storage of the databases on the USB sticks caused you so much grief... can you provide any more info?

Cheers
Mike

DA313

Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:04 am

fruitbox wrote:

I'm interested in why the storage of the databases on the USB sticks caused you so much grief... can you provide any more info?

Cheers
Mike
I kept getting permission errors when I tried sudo mv fruitbox.db /media/music/fruitbox.db where /media/music/ is the path to the USB music. I tried using the cp command but got nowhere with that either.

shhammer5634

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi Mike,

I've finally gotten back to working on my touchscreen jukebox and I'm having trouble getting the chooser to work. I have two working skins, one for a regular jukebox and one for albums. I've defined the path to each in the skins.txt file, and I'm starting fruitbox with --choose-cfg skins.txt.

The chooser comes up, but I'm not able to cycle the skins by touching the arrows on the screen. I've confirmed that I have buttonleft and buttonright defined as touch in the fruitbox.btn file. And those touches work on both my skins.

As a test, I renamed the fruitbox.btn file and tested with the keyboard. That worked. So I'm guessing I'm missing something in my touch configuration.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Steve

shhammer5634

Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:22 pm

shhammer5634 wrote:
Hi Mike,

I've finally gotten back to working on my touchscreen jukebox and I'm having trouble getting the chooser to work. I have two working skins, one for a regular jukebox and one for albums. I've defined the path to each in the skins.txt file, and I'm starting fruitbox with --choose-cfg skins.txt.

The chooser comes up, but I'm not able to cycle the skins by touching the arrows on the screen. I've confirmed that I have buttonleft and buttonright defined as touch in the fruitbox.btn file. And those touches work on both my skins.

As a test, I renamed the fruitbox.btn file and tested with the keyboard. That worked. So I'm guessing I'm missing something in my touch configuration.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Steve
Some additional info: I've set the rPi up to boot to the CLI. I've set up the mount for the flash drive, and I've set up the auto start on boot and start to the chooser. I disconnected the keyboard just in case that might have been interfering and booted. Fruitbox came up with the chooser active, but the touch screen was unresponsive. Starting directly to a specific skin, the touchscreen works fine. At this point I'm stuck. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

PittStone

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:27 am

Hello, is there a way to change the textures of the Arrow and Windowborder of the --chose Menu? Only this Wooden is boring and i would have a Metal Version.

fruitbox

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:31 am

shhammer5634 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:22 pm
shhammer5634 wrote:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Steve
Some additional info: I've set the rPi up to boot to the CLI. I've set up the mount for the flash drive, and I've set up the auto start on boot and start to the chooser. I disconnected the keyboard just in case that might have been interfering and booted. Fruitbox came up with the chooser active, but the touch screen was unresponsive. Starting directly to a specific skin, the touchscreen works fine. At this point I'm stuck. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Hi Steve

Maybe it's a bug... I tested it with the official 7" touch screen and it works ok. Could you post your fruitbox.btn file and also the output of evtest when selecting the touchscreen please?

Cheers
Mike

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”