kyelo

Analog aplay bug??

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm

I've noticed an interesting problem (bug?) using aplay on the analog audio output.

When I do an "aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front-_Center.wav" I get the appropriate audio output saying "front, center" along with bash output describing the file properties.

But when I did an "aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/*wav", I expected to hear the entire collection of alsa sounds one after the other. As above, the first sound plays (bash output occurs), and then bash reports that the second sound is playing...except it is not playing, and after a few seconds a write error is reported

Code: Select all

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/*wav
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Left.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono
aplay: pcm_write:1710: write error: Input/output error

The process hangs at this point, requiring ctl-c or ctl-z to be returned to the command line.

dmesg shows:

bcm2835_audio_close:718 bcm2835_audio_close: failed on waiting for event (status=10)
My /etc/asound.conf is

pcm.mmap0 {
    type mmap_emul;
    slave {
      pcm "hw:0,0";
    }
}

pcm.!default {
  type plug;
  slave {
    pcm mmap0;
  }
}
The interesting thing is that if I am using a USB headset, "aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/*wav" plays the collection of sounds without any problem!

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”