shugs81

Internet Radio Recorder and HQ Media station

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi guys...

I've a Pi B+ that i've not done anything with for ages due to buying numersous other bits n pices and messing with them...

I'm kind of a noob as I had a few purposes I wanted to use it for which have all gone by the wayside...

I'm looking to build a Networked Media unit that I can store and play all my flac music, Play and record internet radio, Download and store podcasts, and maybe for streaming video... though that's just a nice to have in the end... not a necessity.

I have an old Cambridge Audio amp which i was wanting to use for the case... i don't think it works anymore... I would like to fit a little oled screen so that i don't have to use a monitor and posibly use one of those wireless keyboard/controllers so i can type searches in...

My main questions...

Is there any software solutions that would cover that?
Is the a DAC for the Pi2?
How difficult is it to add the screen?
Is there a headless internet radio player & recorder that I can schedule when to record but not require the speakers? i.e. turn the amp part off so there is no audio but still have it running and able to record stuff when i'm out... may just be an always on thing with a switch to turn the amp part on/off
Is there a way to attach hdd's without using usb?
might there be a way to stil lhave normal amp functionality so i can still plug (and possibly record??) my tape deck and record player?

I can solder, I can kinda work linux so maybe able to work on a scratch built solution but never compiled a custom kernal from scratch before...

This is a long term project so in no rush to get it done in a weekend...

Thanks in advance!!

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”