Malman35

How can I set the volume for omxplayer before video starts

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:21 am

How can I set the volume before the video starts playing in omxplayer? Because of right now I have to unplug my speakers, turn the volume WAAAAy down (or risk scaring me and the neighborhood half out of our wits ;) ) , then plug back in the speaker. It doesn't have anything to do with the video file though because all videos I play are like that. Is there some sorta function this or something

Code: Select all

omxplayer --volume "-35db" video.mp4

I have skimmed through the manual but didn't see anything. Or even better is there a config file so it automatically starts the volume out at that level. I would appreciate any help I can get cause it gets a bit cumbersome always having to unplug my speakers. :)

gkreidl

Re: How can I set the volume for omxplayer before video star

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:35 am

omxplayer --vol -600 ....
(= -6 db)
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

Malman35

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:33 am

gkreidl wrote:omxplayer --vol -600 ....
(= -6 db)
Thanks! That worked great! One more thing. Do you know if there is a way I could make sure that it never goes above -25db?

gkreidl

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:50 am

Malman35 wrote: Thanks! That worked great! One more thing. Do you know if there is a way I could make sure that it never goes above -25db?
No. You control voume with the +/- keys. There is no way to limit this except writing your own control application (which has to catch keyboard strokes and decides which to send to omxplayer). In omxplayerGUI, for example, I limit volume changes to the range of -60 to +12 db.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”