SwedishChef

21 inch Touchscreen?

Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:20 pm

Greetings all,

I've been searching the forums, but not really finding the information I'm looking for, so I'll post my question here.

Will the Raspberry PI 2 work with a large format touchscreen? I'd like to be able to run a browser on the system to connect to an internal webpage and allow the user to check selected items via a web browser. From what I can see, running a touchscreen requires some programming to be done, but everything references the small screens you can purchase specifically for the PI. Has anyone attempted to hook one up to a 21inch touchscreen monitor?

SC

klricks

Re: 21 inch Touchscreen?

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:30 am

I have Hannspree H231 (23") HDMI with touch (USB) which just works with my RPi (Raspbian Wheezy) without any configuration or programming. The screen is 10pt touch but only seems to act as a limited single point mouse mode on the RPi. The mouse pointer moves to where you touch the screen, then you double tap to open an icon or menu item.... nothing else.
It's been some time since I tried it so there may be some improvements? I haven't tried with Jessie.........
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

SwedishChef

Re: 21 inch Touchscreen?

Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at the Acer UT220HQL LED monitor, which is also a 10 point. I will have to check to make sure I can find the right drivers for it.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”