RedBeardedGriff

Picture Pi - A Video Recorder and Picture Taker

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:34 pm

Hello,

I'm doing some research for my university final year project which as application called Picture Pi. It'll be developed to make recording videos and taking pictures with the Raspberry Pi much easier by eliminating the need to use the terminal. Instead, it'll be using a simple to use graphical user interface (GUI).

I've made a survey as part of my research. So, if you have a minute to spare, I would highly appreciate it if everyone could answer my survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PB9FF33

As my project progresses, I will share the work that I've made so far in this thread.

Thank you very much.

DougieLawson

Re: Picture Pi - A Video Recorder and Picture Taker

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:24 pm

Your survey doesn't cater for folks who've got more than one RPi and might be running differing operating systems on each RPi.
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

RedBeardedGriff

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:18 pm

DougieLawson wrote:Your survey doesn't cater for folks who've got more than one RPi and might be running differing operating systems on each RPi.
I've made those adjustments to the survey.

Thanks for your response.

RedBeardedGriff

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:47 pm

*BUMP*

I've added a rough interface design image to the survey, so anyone who wants to answer it will get an idea of what the final application will look like. So far, I've added the two main buttons (Take Picture and Record/Stop Recording Video) and they both work fine. I'll start posting screenshots as soon as I've made more progress.

Thank you all for your survey responses so far. :)

RedBeardedGriff

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:14 pm

*BUMP*

I have recently developed a fully working prototype of Picture Pi that only includes a few features so far. The features that are included so far are webcam image and video capture, a 5 second webcam preview, and the help menu. This version of the app so far is compatible with most Raspberry Pi models, with the Raspberry Pi Zero being the exception since it doesn't include a camera module slot.

Feel free to try it out, and any feedback will be appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdkhzwqgzz2sm ... Pi.py?dl=0

Requirements:

*Raspberry Pi 1 or 2 (any model except Zero)
*Raspberry Pi camera module with the latest OS update
*The latest version of Python 2.7 and TkInter

Thank you and have fun.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”