semofa

graphical user interface for gstreamer

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:42 pm

I've done streaming video with Uv4l and gstream from my Raspberry to laptop. now I wanna Streaming from Raspberry to another Raspberry. I need to design a graphical user interface for the second raspberry to show video and play audio. can any one help me how to do that and with which language better i do that?

gkreidl

Re: graphical user interface for gstreamer

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:22 am

semofa wrote:I've done streaming video with Uv4l and gstream from my Raspberry to laptop. now I wanna Streaming from Raspberry to another Raspberry. I need to design a graphical user interface for the second raspberry to show video and play audio. can any one help me how to do that and with which language better i do that?
You could use omxplayerGUI (you get it with the kweb = Minmal Kiosk Browser package). omxplayer is much more efficient than gstreamer-1.0 anyway.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

semofa

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:06 am

Thanks,
can I use omxplayerGUI on the second raspberry pi to design a Customized gui?

ghans

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:07 am

You propably want to customize omxplayerGUI itself , it is a python script.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

gkreidl

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:14 am

Ghans is right: It's pure Python code and uses TKinter for the GUI. For a gstreamer-1.0 application you would have to use GTK+3 and gobject, which are much more complex to use (especially gstreamer os a real pain). omxplayerGUI can also be imported as a module into your own Python application.
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:14 am

gkreidl wrote:Ghans is right: It's pure Python code and uses TKinter for the GUI. For a gstreamer-1.0 application you would have to use GTK+3 and gobject, which are much more complex to use (especially gstreamer os a real pain). omxplayerGUI can also be imported as a module into your own Python application.
You could use QT, that works and is much easier than GTK.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

semofa

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:35 pm

thanks guys,
one of my problem is that i have two stream. one for video and one for audio. can i use omxplayer to combine two stream together?

gkreidl

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:57 pm

semofa wrote:thanks guys,
one of my problem is that i have two stream. one for video and one for audio. can i use omxplayer to combine two stream together?
No.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”